The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Ultimate Loaned Players Thread

Corey Blackett-Taylor has joined Walsall on loan till the rest of the season. A good live fir him I think. He impressed me in pre season and was unlucky to pick up an injury on the eve of the season. A good few months at Walsall will put him in good stead for next year when we will most likely be losing Adomah and El Ghazi.

Hogan's gone to Sheffield utd. Don't rate him and we're probably paying most of his wages still unfortunately. No doubt he'll start hitting the back of the net now he's out of claret and blue.

Also talk of JDH and Bedeau going out for the rest of the season. Probably good moves for them if it happens. Though in the case of JDH I'd be inclined to give him a go from the bench at least over barney.

Well we seemingly loaned out half the under and even one of the new signings.

James Bree to Ipswich. I'd still prefer him to elmo and there might be a chance for him next season if he performs here, he desperately needs regular football like all who've gone out.

Harry McKirdy to Newport. Of all the academy loanees I think he's the one least likely to be at villa next season but a good few months in league 2 might make Smith think he's worth a go.

Frederic Guilbert to Caen. Barring some catastrophe this guy will likely be our starting right back next season.

We've now 13 players out on loan. Not quite Chelsea levels but probably the most in the championship. The young lads need to grasp this opportunity to either impress Dean Smith or earn a move somewhere else. The rest unfortunately I can only see returning to be loaned out again till their vast contracts are up.

Most of the youngsters out on loan didn't play today due to several games in league 2 being postponed.

Corey Blackett-Taylor did make his debut for Walsall as a sub but couldn't help them turf n around a 2-1 deficit.

James Bree started for Ipswich as they lost to Sheffield Wednesday 1 nil at home.

Tshibola started for kilmarnock in their 2-1 home loss vs hearts.

No games this weekend for Fredric Guilbert and Caen either though they are away in the French Cup on Tuesday night.

RHM and JDH got the better of Mitch Clark in the battle of the villa loanees. Cambridge beat port vale 1 nil. RHM started and JDH came off the bench. Clark started again at left wing back for Port vale.

Corey Blackett-Taylor came in for Walsall but they lost 2 nil away at Blackpool. There's a lad at work who is a season ticket holder at Walsall and he said Blackett-Taylor looked decent in his debut last week.

Callum O'Hare started for Carlisle in their 1 all draw with fellow high flyers Exeter. Apparently he won the free kick they equalised from so at least he's like grealish in that respect.

Carroll injured already.... Back in 10 days or so.... What's the betting on this?? Did nobody at our club see this??? It's crazy, everybody saw this coming!!! Criminal mismanagement!!!!

Surprised JDH hasnt had more of a look in than he's getting, obviously not as ready for 1st team action as some thought. Seems a bit pointless sending them if they aren't going to get game time.

Surprised JDH hasnt had more of a look in than he's getting, obviously not as ready for 1st team action as some thought. Seems a bit pointless sending them if they aren't going to get game time.

He is the most over rated and over hyped of our youth squad, I honestly can't say I'm surprised JDH isn't getting a look in, every time I have seen him he has been mediocre at best, doesn't look like a CM and is too light weight.

Callum O'Hare scored his 1st ever professional goal to help Carlisle beat Swindon 2-1. He got man of the match as well. Their fans seem pretty impressed with his spell so far.

RHM came off the bench in Cambridge's 1 all draw with Oldham. He's been benched the last few games but generally seems to be doing ok and the fans their have been praising him from what I've seen.

Mitch Clark started in Port Vales 2-1 win at home to Mansfield. He's having a good season for Vale and we need to get him a new deal on the table ASAP.

It seems that of the youngsters who are out on loan these 3 are the ones making some kind of impact. If I were to guess I'd say these 3 lads will be given a chance in the 1st team squad next season if we're still in the championship. The French lad will probably be out 1st choice right back, Blackett-Taylor might be on the fringes but the rest will probably be sold if possible or sent out on loan again.

For anyone wondering how Hogan is doing he didn't even make the bench today. He'll be back in claret and blue next season I've no doubt, not having played more than a few minutes probably.