Transfer | Vital Football

Transfer

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Leeds is not exactly skint but not flush with cash either.
Won't be surprise Roofe leaves if any firm bid north of 8 million comes along.
However, expect a quiet turnstile for inbound transfer.
Bielsa has a healthy pool of resource to work with.
Pearce, Bamford, Cooper, Izzy and Beradi coming back is like adding 5 new players in the New Year.
In form Wilks, Grot, Ekuban can be recalled on short notice.
There are the polish diamonds in the hands of master mason, like Miazek, Edmundson, Gotts and Davis ready to step up seamlessly.
Proof that Bielsa is not augmenting defensively is his willingness to let Shaughnessy go out on loan.
Even if Roofe leaves, Tyler would be taking over the mantle and the cool millions going right to AR media company.

The defeat to Hull is upsetting, but I was wondering how Leeds did not win 3-2.
The players just need to remember to bring along their tools and use them on match days.
It's the defeat to West Brom that got a little concern, but its probably just one of Leeds off day.
As long as Leeds keep a buffer from them, it shouldn't be too concern of their overall quality either.

In the meantime, the mean Leeds machine rumbles on.
13 more wins, and its see you in EPL in 2019.

Last edited:
There is no way Roofe will be going anywhere in January. Do you think he would want to leave a promotion battle with Leeds for a relegation fight in the Premier League. We could be going past them in May.

Wilks and Ekuban are both due back this week. Grot is on loan for the season so you cannot recall him.

As long as the injured players are all coming back then we don't look to bad but we need two or three more.

We lose Hernandez then we don't have a playmaker having already allowed Saiz to leave. We need a game changer bringing in to the squad.

We definitely need a keeper. I like BPF but we need experience at this stage. He's got to bring in a keeper with only fellow youngsters Will Huffer and Kamel Miazek available.

Whoever comes in must have been playing games because we haven't got time to get them up to the fitness levels that Bielsa requires.

The only way Roofe would be leaving is with the advice of a greedy agent, it would only be to a struggling premiership team and whats the point of that. Ekuban had his chance and failed. Agree that Pablo is the one area were we would struggle. Good playmakers are hard to find and the ones that are any good are already playing in teams regularly. Bielsa I'm pretty sure has already worked this out so lets see what happens.

Another keeper would make sense but we dont want to dent BPF's confidence. For some reason he seems to struggle positionally from long range shots or free kicks, so the coaching staff need to work on this other than that he seems ok to me. Maybe we should try and get Rob Green back!

Wilks will be staying at Doncaster if he signs a new deal at Leeds in the next few days. His loan ends after the game on Tuesday but he was injured in their last game at Gillingham.

A deal has been agreed with Leeds.

Bielsa wants a goalkeeper as a cover not a number 1.
Never say never. Newcastle may not have that deep pockets. But if a surprise 8 million bid flies in, Roofe would be sold.
Like AR said, every player has a price.

Last edited:
Bielsa has moulded Leeds into a team that is greater than its sum in parts.
He employs a formation that is very fluid with players switching roles.
Hernandez maybe a tough act to follow, but Roofe, Alioski, Tyler and Clarke are all capable of filling that role while offering a different dimension.

Too many players off form at the moment
BPF sorry but is not a top line goalkeeper yet
Forshaw is not great, he has played poorly for a month
Douglas, i am with Dazza, dont rate this bloke defensively no pace cant tackle
Klich , just look tired
Phillips looking tired now and being shown that he is not a CB in a 2
Harrison is simply not good enough

Now the manager, is he like Wenger too stubborn to make changes, not going to criticise the man as he has done a fantastic job and certainly knows more about football than me , but he could admit to himself that the squad is a bit lighweight and needs a few more veteran players

Not sure I totally agree that players off form,more jaded. This will probably be the first occassion that Bielsa will have had his high intensity football tested over a large number of games in a very short period of time, so he is also learning.

As regards BPF, I dont see what the issue is, he could have done nothing about the goals yesterday and whe called upon, did okay.

I didn't realise that Klich was actually playing yesterday, he must have been doing lots of work off the ball because he wasnt on the ball at all. That was probably Forshaws worst game, normally he is very solid however he is allowed an off day. I agree with all the comments regardjng Douglas. When i look at his performances for Wolves and then compare them to his current performance, doesnt look like the same person at all.

Philips was definately a tired and mis-timed tackle. I think he has done well for a fill in center half. Clearly the decison to let Paudie O'Conner go out on loan for the season may have back-fired.

All in all even the most ardent of Forest fans would have to agree that the best team lost yesterday. Hopefully Bielsa will give a number of players, if he can, a rest from the cup on Sunday.

WE fought back to lead playing with 10 men. We did play pretty well over-all.
If we were not top imagine the stick Bielsa would be getting from Leeds fans.

Leeds created enough chances to win the match even with 10 men.
That is mark of a champion.

Harrison is showing a trick or two and what he is capable of.
Now, he and Clarke can play in the team together.

Last edited:
Jermain Defoe to leave Bournemouth this month. That would be a fantastic signing. His experience and the chance to be part of Leeds going up could be just the challenge he wants at this stage of his career.

Where's Sam Dalby?

MB must be tearing his hair out, hearing that another major signing at Leeds could be a 16 year old child prodigy. He is turning out to be a maestro for turning a team of kids into Championship winner.

The only way Roofe would be leaving is with the advice of a greedy agent, it would only be to a struggling premiership team and whats the point of that. Ekuban had his chance and failed. Agree that Pablo is the one area were we would struggle. Good playmakers are hard to find and the ones that are any good are already playing in teams regularly. Bielsa I'm pretty sure has already worked this out so lets see what happens.

Another keeper would make sense but we dont want to dent BPF's confidence. For some reason he seems to struggle positionally from long range shots or free kicks, so the coaching staff need to work on this other than that he seems ok to me. Maybe we should try and get Rob Green back!

i agree Rob Green would be good but understand the reason Chelski pay for him to sit on the bench is:

Premier League rules dictate that each squad must have at least eight homegrown players.

To be ‘homegrown’ you must have been in an English academy for at least three years before the age of 21.

What better place to hide one of these homegrown players than a third-choice goalkeeper who’s never going to kick a ball in anger?

Is it going to be another transfer window sham,Zuber apparently not interested in coming ,la para said Boro more decisive in getting a quick deal done which swayed him ,£4mill for Darlow seems to be a decent buy ,but we’re still talking about a loan deal , will we miss out on bringing anybody in again ,,and not seize the day ,