Eavvveesss next moves | Vital Football

Eavvveesss next moves

Jerryattrick

Vital Football Hero
Yes another eaaaves thread lol.

1. Should he keep taking the penalties
2. sL said he wanted a striker at Xmas - does that imply that Eaves is definitely off in one of the next two windows
3. Anyone think he will stay and sign a new deal

1 - I'd be inclined to give someone else a go, not sure who though.
2 - I'd have thought it's more likely to imply that Wilkinson and/or Nash are leaving?
3 - I think it's definitely a possibility, although no-one could blame him if he did look to move to a bigger club.

Yes another eaaaves thread lol.

1. Should he keep taking the penalties
2. sL said he wanted a striker at Xmas - does that imply that Eaves is definitely off in one of the next two windows
3. Anyone think he will stay and sign a new deal

1. Yes, for the time being at least.
2. No.
3. Hard to say but I don't think it is out of the question. Scally needs to offer him an improved contract with a fair and reasonable buy-out clause. Whether this is likely to happen is another question. I suppose ultimately my answer is probably not but that this will be Scally's fault rather than a fait accompli.

1 There is a time when at very least someone else should get a chance.Perhaps get the job back to Eaves later.I have a feeling Byrne took them at Newport for example,Oldaker has taken them.All be it is very early for him in career terms.
2 and 3
If Eaves is not going to sign Lovell will know the pressure will be on to sell there will almost certainly be bids next month.Do I think Eaves will sign another contract frankly no.

If he doesn't sign a new contract, are his goals to help keep us up worth more to us than any fee we might get in January? I'm not so sure the fee we might get is worth it.

Realistically what could we get for him, £200-400k? I would imagine someone like a Millwall or an Ipswich would be prepared to gamble an amount like that.

Last edited:
It was interesting yesterday as I've never seen anyone so desperate to take a penalty. As soon as it was given he ran half way across the pitch and back again to get hold of the ball and there was no way he was letting anyone else get his hands on it.

It's a damned shame he missed it because it looks to me as if he's got his eye on breaking goalscoring records. I for one wouldn't mind if he did, with or without penalties.

He seems to only miss when we win relatively easily, 2 0 and 3 0 iirc. Oddly enough, when it's crucial, he scores, eg Hartlepool. Kept us in the cup and led to Scally's multi million pound money spinning tie v Cardiff the ultimate result.

Ok, the last bit was a tiny bit exaggerated.

It was the same as the recent game at Priestfield where he missed a penalty with his right foot but scored a good goal with his left foot! Perhaps he should take the penalties left footed?

1) if he’s missed 2, probs time for someone else to step up (btw - how many pens has Tom scored v missed with us ?)

2) I don’t think it “implies” he’s off, but he may be off anyway.

3) ideally he stays, signs a new contract and takes us up the div this season. Then signs a big fat contract for a big fat transfer fee with a big fat club of his choice in the summer. Win-win.

1, No , Tom should carry on taking them , he's not Lionel Messi , but will score 3 out of 4.

2, No , cos as already stated , Wilkinson and Nash don't seem wanted.

3 , It would be down to money , for me personally.
Football is a short career for most players.

On the 6th November KM reported talks had started.

Why do these things take so long?

I once read about somebody extending their contract at Arsenal and it took 10 days to resolve.

1, No , Tom should carry on taking them , he's not Lionel Messi , but will score 3 out of 4.

Not sure of his strike rate at the moment, but I'd be surprised if it's as high as 3 in 4.

If it was, he'd be close to Messi's strike rate. Messi takes penalties because, well, he's Messi, but he's not really that great at them. According to this link (https://www.goal.com/en/news/messi-...ty-records-compare/1kck74ga1hshu1seo7vgowmqav), he's scored 48 of 59 in La Liga, 11 of 14 in the Champions League, and 12 of 16 for Argentina. He's no Matt Le Tissier, let's put it that way.

13 in 21 eh?

Eaves needs to come out now, say 'yes please Mr Scally, I absolutely love it here, I'll sign a three year deal, and take a small rise if you can stretch to it. Mr Lovell is doing a tremendous job on the training ground and we're the pearfect match for each other'.

To lose Eaves will pain me more than the loss of most of our previous big players, in my time anyway. Great striker.

His penalty was wan ky though.