The Tommy Robinson Post..... | Vital Football

The Tommy Robinson Post.....

JamesPatrick

Vital Newbie
Can that thread now be left. This is meant to be a forum for football chat and although it is a big talking point, which i can appriciate, this is not really the place for it. Sad that this post has had the most comments too, but its nothing to do with football and its boring now.

Can that thread now be left. This is meant to be a forum for football chat and although it is a big talking point, which i can appriciate, this is not really the place for it. Sad that this post has had the most comments too, but its nothing to do with football and its boring now.
If this site was limited to football chat, there would be very little on it. We have always been a MB that covers a variety of issues - political, social and humour alongside football matters.

The Robinson thread is highlighting a very worrying feature of to-day's society and it needs to be talked about - we have an extremely racist Gills fan in our midst.

As Baghdad wrote - if you're not interested, don't click on the subject.

Thats a fair point, all im saying is its boring now keep seeing new notifications that another post has been added to that thread. Not saying various subjects cannot be spoken about, but with over 800 comments on something that has nothing to do with the gills, feel there is another place for chat on that subject as it is a very big subject, and of course will cause lots of opinions and comments ??

I have some sympathy for both sides.I feel that Mr Robinson wants the coverage in the press etc and no doubt on here.So writing about him gives him what he wants .I do agree we have the opportunity to just not read it which is largely what I have done.I have been fairly strong in my feelings about the guy elsewhere.But that is with people I know .Trying to discuss and perhaps persuade someone on here is i feel a total waste of time and effort .It also as I have said gives them what they want.So my own feelings is turn your back on them.I have already blocked a certain person so read none of the rubbish he posts.I would recommend others do the same.
I do like the fact that this message board has the facility to block who you wish too.I value that very much indeed.

Last edited:
Thats a fair point, all im saying is its boring now keep seeing new notifications that another post has been added to that thread. Not saying various subjects cannot be spoken about, but with over 800 comments on something that has nothing to do with the gills, feel there is another place for chat on that subject as it is a very big subject, and of course will cause lots of opinions and comments ??
Change your notification settings. I don't get notifications for anything on here. I simply just look at the posts i want to. Ivecnot looked at that tommy Robbinson post in weeks. It doesnt affect me in the slightest. Just scroll on past it.

The Brexit thread has even more comments !

I fully appriciate that I can adjust post notifications and also not click and read the post.... The point im getting at is it just seems something of this nature, a huge topic does not have its place on a gills forum. Because it is such a big topic and there will be lots of opinions and will just go on and on. Like it has. As mentioned above, people will be for and against this topic and im sure, like myself have their own opionions on this but its just going to cause no end of drama on here.

I fully appriciate that I can adjust post notifications and also not click and read the post.... The point im getting at is it just seems something of this nature, a huge topic does not have its place on a gills forum. Because it is such a big topic and there will be lots of opinions and will just go on and on. Like it has. As mentioned above, people will be for and against this topic and im sure, like myself have their own opionions on this but its just going to cause no end of drama on here.
But it was all in one thread until you opened up a new one.

Well stop adding to it and we shall leave it there. Or take your own advice and not click on this post. My points have been made. Thank you

Not sure what gives you the right to tell people what they can or cant discuss. Do you go down the pub and butt into people's conversations and tell them what they're allowed to talk about?

As stated, if you don't like the post, don't read it. It's not hard is it? As has been shown, people discussing it literally has no effect upon you other than forcing you to scroll past it. Not sure why you feel the authority to order people to stop doing something thats of very little concern to you at all that they are clearly 'enjoying.

If every post started to become non football then you may have a point, but there's plenty of football discussion on here also alongside the seemingly endless brexit and tommy Robinson posts.

Not sure what gives you the right to tell people what they can or cant discuss. Do you go down the pub and butt into people's conversations and tell them what they're allowed to talk about?

As stated, if you don't like the post, don't read it. It's not hard is it? As has been shown, people discussing it literally has no effect upon you other than forcing you to scroll past it. Not sure why you feel the authority to order people to stop doing something thats of very little concern to you at all that they are clearly 'enjoying.

If every post started to become non football then you may have a point, but there's plenty of football discussion on here also alongside the seemingly endless brexit and tommy Robinson posts.
Blimey! sorry PC Alphabet King. It wont happy again.

Effects us all, keep posting. Trying to say what is football related and what is not is difficult eg Price of housing in the SE, would this effect a player coming to us or not, is this truly football related or not?

Lol the irony of you calling me PC AK, when it was you telling people what they can or cant discuss.
:stupid:
Not sure i was saying what people can and cant post....Just saying there is more than 800+ comments (which is a lot, not sure if you are a number king as well an alphabet king) which has gone on for sometime and something of that subject will keep going. Which in my opinion, something that should not be on here as it just brings on people being racist etc.