Rate the ref v Carlisle (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Carlisle (home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Ok so the next poor bugger being slung into the lions den that is Sincil Bank is newly promoted Neil Hair, for those with long memories he reffed us 2 seasons ago when we won 4-0 away at Braintree.

Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Sebatian Stcokbidge 6.97
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Carl Boyeson 5.81
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Andy Haines 4.15
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Surely can't be any worse than the :clown: we had on Saturday. The sad part is he will be back in Lincoln this weekend but this time on the South Common where he belongs! :lol:

The refs so far this season have been very up and down, attwell was excellent but some of the others have been very inconsistent to say the least.

5.5/10
Slightly below average. On another day we might have had a couple of pens in the first half. All over Rhead at a set piece and, what looked, a clear handball. But might have also ruled out our second for a clear Bossie block.
Maybe could have booked himself for constant foul play, having obstructed our midfield 2 or 3 times.

6 - No yellow cards is a bonus. Soft on time-wasting. Potential penalties evened themselves out. No game-changing decisions.

A mediocre performance to me. 5 points awarded. I felt he missed two good penalty calls for the handball in the first half, and the challenge on Akinde towards the end of the second half. However, a draw was probably a fair result. A much better performance than Mr Collins on Saturday, but that didn't take much. Sincil Bank is clearly a hostile place to referee a game in the lower leagues. I don't therefore see why the FA send inexperienced refs who are going to have a difficult evening and are probably on a hiding to nothing. Why don't the new refs gain experience in front of 2000, 3000, 4000 crowds before being sent to Sincil Bank? I don't understand why the FA saw it fit to send the experience of Attwell to us for the MK Dons game, and then Collins and Hair this week?

Will go for an average 6. There was what seemed to be a clear handball for us in the first half but that should have been seen by the linesman who had an unobstructed view of it rather than the ref who was some distance away so the ref didn't get the kind of help needed in those circs.

Otherwise unfussy and unnoticed which is often what you need in a referee

Under par for me with little consistency in his decisions. Not much better than Saturday. What do we need to do to get a pen at the moment? And a blatant obstruction in midfield!
4/10

Thought he was generally poor and out of his depth, afraid to make a decision, only blew up for the easy and soft ones, Akinde cleaned out by their keeper, pen. Lino Co op side had no idea where the line was, anticipating the ball going out when it didn't, beep hopeless.
A kind 4/10.

Way better than the last two. Lino responsible for one of the penalty decisions.

A bog average League 2 referee.

6/10

I don't understand why the FA saw it fit to send the experience of Attwell to us for the MK Dons game, and then Collins and Hair this week?
The experience was there for a top of the table clash. Like many, maybe they thought the referee couldn't affect a game between us and 2 sides nearer the wrong end of the table. I certainly didn't think we wouldn't beat both. Even after the crazy red card (still believe it was the wrong decision regardless of the review) I thought we would win on Saturday.

4/10 - pretty ordinary. Got quite frustrated with him a number of times blowing up for FKs to Carlisle when we hardly touched them, but somehow when our guys got the same treatment he gave nothing - very inconsistent.

Very ordinary and missed a lot of the big calls.
Tried not to be swayed by the crowd and maybe went too far the other way
5/10

4 from me. Not advanced bad as the previous two but not up to the job with some poor decision making and getting in the way.