👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 6 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

Chiv,

Levy didn't /doesn't make the buy/sell decisions - he just executes them following agreement amongst the transfer committe. Poch, his coaches, Mcdermot and Hitchen; Levy and the board are of course there to be consulted and report back on progress/finance.

Serious question though Ex, who's fault was the Grealish fiasco ?

Pretty sure Poch said Levy insisted on Sissoko in his book. But agree he agreed to the deal nonetheless.

Don't buy it, he has an issue with admitting mistakes. Look at this entire transfer history over the last 3-4 years. Players we bought are useless, some that were available at same/lower fees are thriving.

Our squad is bloated with deadwood that's draining our wages, if you think DL is asking for a high asking price you're wrong - nobody would get those players on a free.

Chiv,

Levy didn't /doesn't make the buy/sell decisions - he just executes them following agreement amongst the transfer committe. Poch, his coaches, Mcdermot and Hitchen; Levy and the board are of course there to be consulted and report back on progress/finance.

Ex, he may not make decisions about who to buy/sell but he controls who may be available via spending limits and salary caps...bit like a kid at Christmas going into Hamleys and being told you can have anything you want under £5

Ex, he may not make decisions about who to buy/sell but he controls who may be available via spending limits and salary caps...bit like a kid at Christmas going into Hamleys and being told you can have anything you want under £5

We can't spend like City or Pool, even if we do sell players, but we are the 6th richest team in the PL and there was enough money to spend on reinforcements.

The main goal was keeping our players, which we have. Poch and his team failed to identify enough 'A list players'. Apparently only 3 players in the world fit that category.

Don't buy it, he has an issue with admitting mistakes. Look at this entire transfer history over the last 3-4 years. Players we bought are useless, some that were available at same/lower fees are thriving.

Our squad is bloated with deadwood that's draining our wages, if you think DL is asking for a high asking price you're wrong - nobody would get those players on a free.

He is very Harry esk when it comes to criticism. Agree with what you say. But I can't for one second believe Levy is not part of the problem. I have seen it happen with JOl and Harry. He always fails his manager when the time is right for taking risks. ALWAYS.

We can't spend like City or Pool, even if we do sell players, but we are the 6th richest team in the PL and there was enough money to spend on reinforcements.

The main goal was keeping our players, which we have. Poch and his team failed to identify enough 'A list players'. Apparently only 3 players in the world fit that category.

I simply don't understand why you don't continue to build around our squad...I mean shit injuries will happen, you have to be able rotate and absorb issues that will come up...plus the busy schedule. I mean simple logistics...EPIC FAIL.

Article in The Times shames Levy for being tight. Ian Graham needed funding for a performance data programme but Levy refused. Graham went to Liverpool and their top signings recently have been acredited in part to Grahams system and subsequent scouting recommendations. We wouldn't have had the money to buy the targets anyway so perhaps Levy didn't see the point in funding Graham.

Article in The Times shames Levy for being tight. Ian Graham needed funding for a performance data programme but Levy refused. Graham went to Liverpool and their top signings recently have been acredited in part to Grahams system and subsequent scouting recommendations. We wouldn't have had the money to buy the targets anyway so perhaps Levy didn't see the point in funding Graham.

Anyone with any self respect has left. They know the drill why waste your career working with that prick?

Would like a confirmation. Our staff is one of the best payed in the PL and we have invested in some of the best training facilities in Europe, so this doesn't make much sense. Liverpool can pay bigger wages to staff members.

Do you have the dates in which Graham moved? As far as I can tell, Robertson and now Shaqiri are the only 2 targets on the list we could have obtained, the rest were way out of our price range.

We go through at least a decade of austerity, blowing our best chance ever of winning the PL because of said austerity for what ?

We started the project as 6th choice for players to join to end up as 6th choice for players to join, we started the austerity project as 6th richest CLUB to end up as 6th richest CLUB, sacrificing any chance of footballing success along the way for what ?

Oh yeah, I remember, the whole project was just about making ENIC richer, everything else is just bollox, but suck it up and be a good supporter.

We go through at least a decade of austerity, blowing our best chance ever of winning the PL because of said austerity for what ?

We started the project as 6th choice for players to join to end up as 6th choice for players to join, we started the austerity project as 6th richest CLUB to end up as 6th richest CLUB, sacrificing any chance of footballing success along the way for what ?

Oh yeah, I remember, the whole project was just about making ENIC richer, everything else is just bollox, but suck it up and be a good supporter.

I dont expect us to spend like ManC/Pool. We could have achieved so much more with the squad and finances that we have.

This season Poch couldn't identify any targets to improve the squad.
Last season Poch spent 88 million. Besides Sanchez, who was an amazing purchase we spent the money on:
Aurier - We have Trippier & KWP, but the truth is that we don't trust youth, so instead of having another Alexander-Arnold, we're stuck with a basket case who can't defend.
Llorente - No explanation needed.
Gazza - After all the money spent on Lopez, we bought a 3rd senior keeper whilst keeping Vorm.
Foyth - We are not playing our youngsters, so the logical thing is to buy a South American youngster so we can (not) play him.

In 2016/2017 we spent 58 million on Sissoko, Janssen (who is still collecting wages) and GKN.

That's 3 years, 30% (3/10) signing success, 146 million spent on dross, and an overinflated wages sheet which prevents us extending Eriksen and Toby.

Meanwhile Barkley (who was too expensive for us) is showing his class at the Chavs, Robertson is on his way to be the best LB in the league, Madison is scoring and assisting for fun and Shaqiri shows no attitude problems when coming off the bench to make a difference.

There is no way around that, this is on the Manager.

I dont expect us to spend like ManC/Pool. We could have achieved so much more with the squad and finances that we have.

Last season Poch spent 88 million. Besides Sanchez, who was an amazing purchase we spent the money on:
Aurier - We have Trippier & KWP, but the truth is that we don't trust youth, so instead of having another Alexander-Arnold, we're stuck with a basket case who can't defend.
Gazza - After all the money spent on Lopez, we bought a 3rd senior keeper whilst keeping Vorm.
Foyth - We are not playing our youngsters, so the logical thing is to buy a South American youngster so we can (not) play him.

In 2016/2017 we spent 58 million on Sissoko, Janssen (who is still collecting wages) and GKN.

That's 3 years, 30% (3/10) signing success, 146 million spent on dross, and an overinflated wages sheet which prevents us extending Eriksen and Toby.

Meanwhile Barkley (who was too expensive for us) is showing his class at the Chavs, Robertson is on his way to be the best LB in the league, Madison is scoring and assisting for fun and Shaqiri shows no attitude problems when coming off the bench to make a difference.

Exactly. Almost nothing to do with Levy/the board not being prepared to spend at all.

Aurier is showing signs of improvement and his attitude seems more professional, I was one of those who slated him but he could come good yet.

Foyth has been injured but has been selected to play for Argentina which is encouraging.

Sissoko has played a lot of games mainly due to covering for injuries and resting better choices. He has generally done his job IMO.

Gazza despite not getting much game time I suspect will play more for us after his displays recently.

I agree Llorente was a mistake but he scored quite a few goals for the Swans so it's disappointing how it's turned out.

It depends what slant you put on it.

For me, it's quite simple. Is Levy or Poch the more senior person at the club? Unlike water, accountability flows upwards in organisations. Levy can work 80 hours a week and continue to hide in his office and avoid the cameras. He can grow revenues, deliver profits etc but he won't ever get the adulation of the Spurs fans until he delivers on the pitch. Fans see the bigger picture nowadays and it won't be putting the blame on the guy in the dugout so much anymore. That can only start happening when the chairman puts his hand in his pocket. Let's hope we see a positive reaction to last summer's transfer window in the January one. Seeing guys like Eriksen put pen to paper would also be a major result.

Think we all know that Poch will be moving into the second phase of his tenure at Spurs where he has to build his second team. That's what all the great managers have had to do.