Where do you feel most at home? | Vital Football

Where do you feel most at home?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Simple question I think.

Where do you feel most at home? Could be a place, could be a situation.

I'd say Villa Park is a given so be more creative!

I feel most at home in my gym. It is my little corner of the world where I shut everything else out.

I also feel most at home in the company of a very select number of friends.

There are certain places in the lake district that blow me away and if I had a choice of where I could live in this region, I'd love to live in Broadway. I love it there, one of my favourite places in the world. Not sure why but i feel more peaceful when I go there.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question but, sure, I'll have a go anyway.

I feel the equilibrium of all of the forces of nature when I'm in the jungle. It makes me feel very relaxed and I get a sense of everything being as it's supposed to be.

I feel totally at home in my home with my wife and kids. I was going to say family but that implies my parents and siblings which has always been a difficult relationship.

You understand totally Mr Body Butter.

I can understand re the jungle, the place you took me felt magical.

I've thought a fair bit about this since the question was posed, and to be honest, I don't really feel at home anywhere. The house we live in just feels like a roof over my head, it's not bound up with unforgettable memories, or particular feelings of security and safety.

The town where I live (although I've lived here most of my life) doesn't fill me with happiness, comfort or satisfaction. Neither does my place of work.

I suppose I am trying to say that I have yet to find 'my home'. Or rather, I've still not discovered my sense of home. Maybe I never will? I get the feeling y kids will have me in a home before I have the chance to find out!!

It is an interesting question isn't it JPA?

I guess open to different interpretations, but I think I mean where you feel at one, or at peace (?) or perhaps just comfortable.

Stratford is a strange one, mom loves it, I used to, but it's got too busy, I think the gardens at the bottom they have ruined and the whole place needs tidying up, re-paving and some pedestrianisation perhaps. The main street where M&S is could be really nice.

Stratford is a strange one, mom loves it, I used to, but it's got too busy, I think the gardens at the bottom they have ruined and the whole place needs tidying up, re-paving and some pedestrianisation perhaps. The main street where M&S is could be really nice.

It's definitely not the place it used to be and has changed for the worse imho. As you say, they've ruined the Bancroft and the amount of house building, in a place where the infrastructure is woefully inadequate, is quite bewildering.

Shame isn't it JPA, because obviously it's world famous and a massive tourist destination.

lol Trekker.

It's definitely not the place it used to be and has changed for the worse imho. As you say, they've ruined the Bancroft and the amount of house building, in a place where the infrastructure is woefully inadequate, is quite bewildering.

Its the same everywhere JPA. I live in a village where they had not built a new house in 20 odd years. Now its out of control with planning laws relaxed . All of a sudden they are in filling land with new houses and the village school has a temporary class room plonked in the middle of the playground to cope with the new demand and not everyone can get into the school anyway. Its same everywhere and all this buliding means new infrastructure is needed but not done. Mrs Melon lives 2 1/2 miles from where she works and it can take her nearly 40 minutes some mornings. Ridiculous. This government are clueless.

Anyway back on topic.

I'm quite a home person so like just pottering about and then chilling at home in the evenings with the family. Never been one for just disappearing down the pub in the evening . My kids are now of an age where they are 'proper people' you can have a conversation with and watch and listen to the same things as opposed to snot running whinge bags.

Apart from a few year hiatus while at university and working , I have lived in the area where i am now for 30 years so feel comfortable but when the kids are gone from home wouldn't be opposed to moving somewhere new out of the area.

This thread has got me thinking about when i feel most relaxed. We usually get a holiday abroad somewhere hot and what I love most and feel so calm is the time of the evening sitting on a balcony overlooking the sea or nice view with a cold beer my favourite music on just as the sun is setting . Bliss.

More recently, and particulary over the summer months with the lighter evenings getting out with melon pooch i find a god send. Busy day at work, or shit game at villa park ! ...getting out with the dog in the fresh air is good for me. I have had a bit of a tough summer and being able to get out with the dog for an hour or so when i needed to has been invaluable.

Anyway back on topic.

This thread has got me thinking about when i feel most relaxed.

Good, think the thread is serving the purpose then.

My theory is we are all a bull at a gate through life without really stopping to think what makes us happy and how can we do what makes us happy more.

In my caravan near Aberystwyth, like I am now lying in bed, the kids are at my moms. game of pool with the Mrs later on the pier then lie around watching a good film tonight with a bottle of red. Bliss

Definately at home. We have lived in the same house for 27 years ,but both myself and Mrs Sir Dennis funnily enough were born at home , and we are both feel happiest being at home. , whether that is anything to do with us being born at home I have no idea.

When I was playing for Warwickshire and the 3 day games were away from home I really struggled being away (that was before I got married ) and was always very happy to get home.