The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 393 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

The whole album is great, if you can get past the first 30 seconds you have it made...

This track makes me think this is what John Lennon would be like had some twat not shot him. He would be 78 this year amazing.

I'm strugging with it Col8 but definitely do get the (many) Bowie comparisons. Thing is, the whole album doesn't change in tempo so it kind of merges into one. I'll play it when I need a chill out I think!

Seeing them in Cardiff a week Saturday Silhillvilla... can't wait. Strangely having stones removed from my kidney the same week! I synchronise concerts and operations!

Been out of the loop in terms of finding new artists to enjoy but have just discovered an album by Gwenno called Le Kov. She sings in Cornish (part of her objective as a native speaker is to raise the profile of an old Celtic tongue) accompanied by a melodic, psychodelic, electro pop soundtrack. Works in a manner similar to Elizabeth Fraser of the Cocteau Twins in the 80's.
In a similar vein, although not his best, the current Moby album Everything Was Beautiful, And Nothing Hurt is growing on me too.

Going to see Noel Gallagher at Blenheim palace next week. Outdoors - about 20 rows back.
Can't wait. Think it's the pick me up I need in these troublesome times.

I've resisted the temptation to look at the set list, I'll let their genius wash over me come concert time!

This was sent to me today, heard it before, but always worth a listen. Magic song, one of the most beautiful ever written I think. That White Album (well, The Beatles The Beatles album!) is genius, whacky, mad, touching and fantastic.

I think Prince would of been a fan of last seasons villa top. More purple than claret, can we add him to the fan list (yes i know his dead.)

For anyone who appreciates LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and electronica in general, just discovered this gem. Love it. Takes me back to less complicated days.

Awesome concert by The Stones.. as one would expect.

Cant' believe it is 26 years since I last saw them!

Mad to think Keith and Mick are 74. Ronnie 71 and the guvnor Charlie 77. Are drugs really bad kids!? lol