Votes: 27 90.0%
  • Dawson and Fox

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
With the signing (hopefully) of Daws we have some decent options at the back now.

Fox and Fig showed every sign of being really strong together, Worrall is talented and Dawson offers experience and hopefully leadership.

My only slight reservation is a lack of pace among the 4.

Which pair though would you want AK to start with?

Difficult choice, Ideally I would like to see us play 3 CB's - I think Daws will make a big difference though Will be commanding in the air and will allow us to play further up the field ( if AK agrees)
If I had to choose a pair it would be Daws and Worrall I think, but it's good to have the choice of 4 decent CBs isn't it?

Daws and Fig for me.If we do play 4 at the back then I would like to see full backs who defend first and capable of sweeping round the two effectively if required.The full back /wide midfield combos are massive because I would compensate the lack of any attacking play by full backs for attacking wide men who are not required to help out defensively as often.This works if you have central midfielders to help out wide in defensive areas when the ball is lost and wide players dropping centrally to compensate when without the ball.

Last time Daws was here we played 2 CB who played higher up field and effectively 2 attacking wingbacks.

The key was Scimeca who was the lynchpin for our defensive operation.

I want us to push on with 2 attacking wingbacks so 3 at the back would allow that. I don't want to see us sitting deep and building walls.

Don't know how you can drop Fox after the way he ended the season. I suspect Fig settled in as well as he did because of Fox.

Fox and Dawson to start the season.

I do think 3 at the back is a genuine option for us now. Just depends if AK wants to give it a try.