The Politics Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Abbott was awful talking about the Windrush issue in Parliament the other day. As you say doesn't excuse the vitriol, we can all call her useless more politely and we can the others, but some should realise what is and isn't their forte.

Had the Tories round the other day, I said I couldn't vote for them but I'd read their leaflet, which I did. I found it a bit vague.

Had Labour yesterday, nice lady, I said with those two at the top of the party, I could not give them my vote. She (rightly) pointed out this was council elections, I said I understood but nevertheless, the party top to bottom backed the IRA sympathisers and fans of Hisbola and I can't sanction that or have either of them crowing on political programs about Labour gains. I did say I'd read the leaflet though, which I did. I thought the Tories one was vague, this one was rank amateur.

No one will get my vote. It's a sad state of affairs.
I had a choice of seven boxes last time I voted....I may have mentioned before lol

If people want full representation each level vote has to be individual and no collation in election years where you effectively can't vote for a local without voting for a party and ergo a leader. Wouldn't need to cost more, just hold at the same time and differentiate as in many ways you want Parliament to be evenly balanced to hold power to account.

But it needs a change where going into coalition for single issues physically cannot carry an inducement for voting that way. ie Tories and the religious DUP muppets.

I suppose its my age being an oldie,but are politicians getting more and more stupid ? To put it out there I voted over the years for people like
Wilson,Callaghan,Kinnock,Smith and Blair 3 times. Now I cannot find any of them worth my vote. Corbyn is a walking disaster backed by a party within a party, Conservatives up against a normal labour party would have been ripped to shreds. And then we have the Liberals who should be making ground hand over fist but their leader then decides to insult 17 million voters by calling them racists if they voted brexit you couldnt make this shit up.

I think they are getting more and more stupid Merlin.

Amber Rudd on Wednesday "There are no targets on immigration"
Amber Rudd on Thursday "We are scrapping the targets on immigration"

:silly:

Yep Sir Dennis windrush is the result of both parties not doing there jobs,they have had years to sort this out. Maybe they could do us all a favour Amber Rudd resign and Diane Abbot do the same. Come to think of it the front benches of both major parties resign !!!!

I agree , the stupidity isn't limited to a particular party , it is right across the board. There seems very little talent amongst them.

Heathfield I can most likely agree with you on quite a few political things but the references from both sides of the debate on Brexit really are daft we have not left yet we will not know the real results until probably 5 years down the line. Its like bbc broadcasts which always start "despite Brexit" madness. Just as the brexiteers saying the pound and FTSE are doing well "wheres the crash" err well we have not left yet so it could well nosedive after we do. Employment is at its highest ever
is that anything to do with brexit no nor should any one claim it is.

We've got the weakest economy in the G7, and the highest inflation. Companies are starting to make decisions based on the UK leaving the EU. Investment is going down, and I can't see jobs continuing to rise, as employment levels are distorted by lack of immigration.

I seriously think Brexit is starting to bite.

Stupidity is because we have career politicians, they know nothing else and have little life experience. They live in bubble.

Amber Rudd faced fresh calls to resign after admitting the Home Office set strict local targets for removing migrants who were in the UK illegally, having previously told MPs her department did not set targets.

The home secretary was hauled back in front of MPs in the House of Commons to answer an urgent question from Labour’s Diane Abbott, after Home Office documents revealed targets were set for voluntary removals.
MPs have said the targets could have led enforcement officers to target “low-hanging fruit” – people living in the UK legally but without the correct documents, like many of the Windrush generation.
Rudd said the Home Office had been “using local targets for internal performance management” but said she would review them.

How did she not resign?

Agree merlin on them getting dumber. Plenty in years gone by I'd not agree with, but could never accuse them of being dumb.

With the modern lot, it's just ridiculous mistake after ridiculous mistake.

So Amber Rudd has gone.
It must be very disheartening to serious-minded Brits the depth to which politics has sunk in the last little while,

Now let's Diane Abbott and the rest of the ilk follow her lead considering they've done exactly the same.

Not going to happen is it.

I suppose its my age being an oldie,but are politicians getting more and more stupid ? To put it out there I voted over the years for people like
Wilson,Callaghan,Kinnock,Smith and Blair 3 times. Now I cannot find any of them worth my vote. Corbyn is a walking disaster backed by a party within a party, Conservatives up against a normal labour party would have been ripped to shreds. And then we have the Liberals who should be making ground hand over fist but their leader then decides to insult 17 million voters by calling them racists if they voted brexit you couldnt make this shit up.

I think you are right. Perhaps it's the salaries and public scrutiny that put people off? How much do top guys in the City make vs top politicians?

There has definitely been a big change in how politicians are viewed. They are perceived as traitors who work against our interests for their own corrupt enrichment these days. Anyone want to volunteer for that?

Had the Tories round the other day, I said I couldn't vote for them but I'd read their leaflet, which I did. I found it a bit vague.

Had Labour yesterday, nice lady, I said with those two at the top of the party, I could not give them my vote. She (rightly) pointed out this was council elections, I said I understood but nevertheless, the party top to bottom backed the IRA sympathisers and fans of Hisbola and I can't sanction that or have either of them crowing on political programs about Labour gains. I did say I'd read the leaflet though, which I did. I thought the Tories one was vague, this one was rank amateur.

No one will get my vote. It's a sad state of affairs.

Could you not vote for an independent?

I think the party system is part of the problem.