Ups and Downs | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ups and Downs

Don’t know if correct, but understood that the majority of the American investment in Wrexham was via loans rather than share purchase

Just as a reminder to any supporter of Wrexham, Mansfield or Stockport who believes their wonderful team will sail straight through League One (and there will be many), Forest Green were champions of League Two two years ago. League One is far tougher than most would believe.

I'm more concerned about Charlton than the teams coming up. Once Jones has his own players, I can see them being a threat. Orient as well, depending on their recruitment over the summer. They've had as much luck as us with injuries this year, and still came pretty close to the playoffs.

I'm more concerned about Charlton than the teams coming up. Once Jones has his own players, I can see them being a threat. Orient as well, depending on their recruitment over the summer. They've had as much luck as us with injuries this year, and still came pretty close to the playoffs.

I would agree with all of that apart from the 'pretty close to the play offs'. They are currently the small margin of 21 points off the play offs with three games to go. They are much much closer to relegation and at one point did drop in to the relegation zone during the course of a game week.

They will no doubt back Jones and I expect them to do what Pompey did this season, or be top 6 at the very least.

I would agree with all of that apart from the 'pretty close to the play offs'. They are currently the small margin of 21 points off the play offs with three games to go. They are much much closer to relegation and at one point did drop in to the relegation zone during the course of a game week.

They will no doubt back Jones and I expect them to do what Pompey did this season, or be top 6 at the very least.
I think he's referring to Orient, not Charlton r.e. PO's.

In the National League Kidderminster are already relegated along with Dorking & Oxford City.
Boreham Wood in the last spot but 4 other teams including York still in the mix.

Gone a bit under the radar but Mansfield promoted to League 1 tonight

And I think it's been mentioned elsewhere but FGR back in the National League

In the National League Kidderminster are already relegated along with Dorking & Oxford City.
Boreham Wood in the last spot but 4 other teams including York still in the mix.
After tonight’s game with 1 game to play it’s still 1 from 5 to go down

Blackpool have a bizarre record for the last eight games:
P8 W4 D2 L2 F4 A2 Pts14
Their four wins include 1-0 victories over three of the bottom six.

Barnsley have had a poor eight games since we beat them 5-1:
P8 W2 D2 L4 F12 A14 Pts8

Oxford's recent run of eight games has included Cheltenham, Burton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Port Vale.

Anyone's guess how this is going to finish.

One thing is for sure: we take it to the final day if we beat Cheltenham.

Pompey won’t be the shoe in we think it could be now they’ve won the league. Mousinho was a player at Oxford for 5/6 years and will likely know some of the current squad and have a decent rapport with their board.

Sure he’ll be wanting to do his best for a former club.

Blackpool have a bizarre record for the last eight games:
P8 W4 D2 L2 F4 A2 Pts14
Their four wins include 1-0 victories over three of the bottom six.

Barnsley have had a poor eight games since we beat them 5-1:
P8 W2 D2 L4 F12 A14 Pts8

Oxford's recent run of eight games has included Cheltenham, Burton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Port Vale.

Anyone's guess how this is going to finish.

One thing is for sure: we take it to the final day if we beat Cheltenham.
They have to keep their focus and do the job on Saturday, it would be so frustrating after tonight to not win them.

And if Stevie E's super round boys do a job on Friday........

Pompey won’t be the shoe in we think it could be now they’ve won the league. Mousinho was a player at Oxford for 5/6 years and will likely know some of the current squad and have a decent rapport with their board.

Sure he’ll be wanting to do his best for a former club.
They can also hit 100 points if they win both games, and have only lost 4 games all season - that is a new club record, but will not be if they lose both games. However, it is easier said than done - for instance, Lincoln failed to win a single game after winning the title in both 2017 and 2019.

It's probably still unlikely, but Southampton are still in with half a sniff in the Championship with Leeds and Leicester still to play.