Under 23s | Page 7 | Vital Football

Under 23s

Whats happened to Jonathan Tomkinson on loan at Bradford?
One league two sub appearance and one appearance in the EFL Trophy. Is he injured?
yeah that is a strange one. Hughes was pushing to sign him on the deadline day and then got him and then just didn't play him. He did pick up an injury and that ruled him out but has been back, but obviously Hughes trusted the other defenders. He hasn't been on the bench for the last few games either and with Bradford struggling you'd think he'd be given a chance - Hughes has since left so maybe the new boss will give him a go. He also missed a couple of games due to being with the USA U23 side and that will happen again for the next couple of up coming games.

The guy looks the part - big, strong and fast, but maybe he just isn't fit enough? I'd think that this loan might have a big impact on Norwich's thinking for his next steps. His contract still has two seasons left on it.

Says it all that Lima says in Brazil it's all about winning and nothing else, but at Norwich it's about the performance and individual performances and not so the results. So the youngsters are being told hey don't worry about the points just try to perform well.

So at the moment we are having bad performances with poor individual performances riddled with bad errors in addition to poor results and low points in league.
Its all good then !

I know very little about the youngsters and rely on BB and Bears
to keep us updated but what I would say is that we need these good youngsters to be given game time.
No point in not trying them and then letting them go in order to keep playing the same old losers week after week.

Young gk Dylan Berry has had his at Northern Premier League side Macclesfield extended to January 6.

Young GK Craven has signed for Marske Utd on loan until the end of January. We signed him from Rochdale in the summer and apparently fought off lots of competition to get him.

Our u21s beat man city u21 0-6.

Impressive

Springett X2
Placheta
Joe Duffy x2
Aboh

Strong u21 side with fisher, Warner, Hanley, Gibbs, placheta, forshaw and springett all playing.

I think I made mention of this previously, but it has come out again - we are teaching our youth players that a win doesn't matter so you can lose game after game. The main thing is that you perform well (normally when you lose it means you perform badly - win and hopefully you perform well).

Our youth side (u18) have lost 10 in a row but the club and youth manager aren't concern at all as it isn't important. In fact it is five wins in their last 34 matches in all competitions.

This all sounds like the DW stuff all over - the club can't even afford to get rid of a u18 manager so just keep him on and say its not about the wins.

U18 manager Greg Crane (I think that is his full name):

'Look it's not been a great year in terms of wins for the 18s there is no hiding that, but what I won't hide away from is players not playing. I won't just pick the best team to get us three points on a Saturday. That's not how we do it here at Norwich. It's not all about three points. Our job is to create a winning mentality to learn how to compete and win through playing. The worst thing I can do as the 18s coach is have players who are in the squad but not playing a game. I wouldn't want that for myself. They have to learn to start, to be on the bench or in the squad. As they go forward into their next steps, it is in the 21s where you play more for your place and have to be more competitive. It's the way we do it here and it's our development pathway. Hopefully, the lads know that, and if they come to Norwich City, then they are going to play but that sometimes comes to the detriment of performances on a Saturday. Hopefully, we can improve them on a daily basis.'

So not about winning, but he wants to build a winning mentality????

Also, he says that he wants to play everyone and it isn't about picking the best side - that is such a wank think to say. It reminds me of the school system now who give an award to every child on sports day even if you come last (not in my kids school thank god). What does that teach? Hey, John you're are best player here but you will not play today because Lee needs to play as its unfair. I know he isn't that good but he has to get a game to make it all fair.

Weekend games:
Tomkinson plays on the right of a back three for Bradford. Meanwhile Hills and Shipley are playing regularly for Accringtons defence.
Moreover Kamara hit a post and a later shot resulted in Portsmouth being given a penalty that they scored from.

Weekend games:
Tomkinson plays on the right of a back three for Bradford. Meanwhile Hills and Shipley are playing regularly for Accringtons defence.
Moreover Kamara hit a post and a later shot resulted in Portsmouth being given a penalty that they scored from.
Some good youth prospects there and should be given a go next season.....they are the only ones we will have to sell to make money.

Our u21s lost 4-2 to Stoke u21.

Lima scored and it was a lovely chip into the top corner.

Interestingly Sorensen was due to play in this one to build up his fitness, but he wasn't involved at all.

FCB,

A loan for Springett would be logical but what makes you think this is going to happen?
I have a feeling BB...plus sainz back fit means his time is even more limited and he would have been loaned out in summer had sainz not got injured.

Apparently Aboh in Citys Under-21s side is being tracked by some lower league sides due to him scoring 9 over 11 games in the Prem League 2 and against top opposition. Is this our next Rowe? Maybe get him in now in place of Idah and have another player that knows where the back of the net is - blood our youth.

From Pink-Un

Ken Aboh netted an impressive double for Norwich City's U21s as they mounted an impressive second-half comeback to beat Charlton 4-2 in the Premier League Cup.

The striker scored twice in eight minutes to grab his 12th and 13th goals of the campaign

Thats 11 in 12!!!

BUT

Aboh is the under-21s top scorer this term and has entered the final six months of his contract. Norwich are believed to be keen to extend his stay at Carrow Road, but there are reservations about his pathway at the club.

Simple - Tell him he'll train with the first team, pay him well sign him up for a long period AND play him - wont be any worse that what we've had in the first half of the season

From Pink-Un

Ken Aboh netted an impressive double for Norwich City's U21s as they mounted an impressive second-half comeback to beat Charlton 4-2 in the Premier League Cup.

The striker scored twice in eight minutes to grab his 12th and 13th goals of the campaign

Thats 11 in 12!!!

BUT

Aboh is the under-21s top scorer this term and has entered the final six months of his contract. Norwich are believed to be keen to extend his stay at Carrow Road, but there are reservations about his pathway at the club.

Simple - Tell him he'll train with the first team, pay him well sign him up for a long period AND play him - wont be any worse that what we've had in the first half of the season
DW is only interested if he is over 30.

Need to keep these players as they are the ones we need to play and then sell....great way to run a club.

It's funny that youngsters now worried about the pathway into the first team because a few seasons ago youngsters signed deals, signed for the club because of the obvious pathways into the first team...how it has changed so quickly is a worry.

You say to him....next season we are lowering the age of the first team and including top youth players too.