The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 528 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

What a dickhead Eric Bell is.

In a recent interview he's said how he didn't enjoy playing 'Whiskey in The Jar' with Metallica. I was there that night around 25 years ago and he's tainted the memory for me. It was the first time they played it live and Phil Lynotts mother Philomena was on the balcony and got a huge cheer.

And now he's trash talking the whole thing saying things like they thought he was in awe of them, but he didn't even know who they were. What cave had he been living in for 30 years before that? And he was expecting them to pay him £2000 for one song?

Eric Bellend.

Last edited:
I can still hear my dad's voice when he saw blokes like early Black Sabbath members walking around Aston as he called them " Fecking Beatniks" :rotfl:

i remember ozzy well , tearing down lodge road on a push bike, he was always a likeable ruffian, i dont think he as ever changed, i knew a few lads who lived by him, and in took them to a mansion in stafford, apparently sitting in an armchair firing gunshots through the roof,, just a normal lad from aston,,,seanie
I can still hear my dad's voice when he saw blokes like early Black Sabbath members walking around Aston as he called them " Fecking Beatniks" :rotfl:

I've always loved this song and it so reminds me of the early 70's playing it in our front room in Little Oaks Rd, Aston.

It must have been one of the first concepts of making a musical video as well.

I see Pearl Jam are doing a European tour, I was thinking about going to Marlay Park gig in Dublin because it's close to where I live, as long as tickets aren't too expensive hahahahaha

€117 for a ticket.

This is Pearl Jam who once went to court with Ticketmaster because they were ripping off fans.

I know a lot of these bands took a hit during Covid, but they are taking the piss now.

I see Pearl Jam are doing a European tour, I was thinking about going to Marlay Park gig in Dublin because it's close to where I live, as long as tickets aren't too expensive hahahahaha

€117 for a ticket.

This is Pearl Jam who once went to court with Ticketmaster because they were ripping off fans.

I know a lot of these bands took a hit during Covid, but they are taking the piss now.
I think that's the going rate now. I paid £75 for Noel Gallagher tickets and thought that was decent !!!

I'm mulling over getting AC/DC tickets but the pricing hasn't come out yet.

€117 for a ticket.

its the way it is now , U2 GA recently cost me £250, Springsteen was £120 standing . It is what it is

I think that's the going rate now. I paid £75 for Noel Gallagher tickets and thought that was decent !!!

I'm mulling over getting AC/DC tickets but the pricing hasn't come out yet.

I paid €70 for Emperor next month, and that's a sitting ticket because it was all that was left.

That is about my limit from now on, it's just getting ridiculous.

Very good indeed .

Would be the answer if I was asked what the Liam Gallagher/John Squire album was like (having listened to it 4 or 5 times through this weekend)

Probably my fave track on the album.

Very good indeed .

Would be the answer if I was asked what the Liam Gallagher/John Squire album was like (having listened to it 4 or 5 times through this weekend)

Probably my fave track on the album.
Not in the Liam Gallagher camp , but I think this is the best stuff he has done since Oasis.

Decent.

Had a few beers and as always I returned to the easy Irish songs that make me think perhaps too deeply about loved ones here and past.,,,,,,, Irish music has a habit of doing that.

However, what a beautiful song which I believe originated in Scotland.

Last edited: