The Politics Thread | Page 762 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Some great news coming from Scotland. Humza Yousef is resigning this week with a vote of no confidence on the horizon.

I just want to say, this man is utter fucking vermin and a racist, good fucking riddance.

Their whole thing was Scottish independence which they fucked up. When it became clear that a second referendum wasn't going to happen, they decided to go woke. Woke, in Scotland! Idiots deserve the pummeling they are going to get in the next election.

The good news in the Labour will pick up all of the seats they lose. That will help oust the Tories.

Their whole thing was Scottish independence which they fucked up. When it became clear that a second referendum wasn't going to happen, they decided to go woke. Woke, in Scotland! Idiots deserve the pummeling they are going to get in the next election.

The good news in the Labour will pick up all of the seats they lose. That will help oust the Tories.
That complete waste of time where it's illegal to have an opinion is insane. That better not be coming here!

But I fear it will.

I wonder if we're heading for a summer of civil unrest? . The Palestine protests are really intensifying (and I'm finding these increasingly galling), we're seeing protesters looking to target migrant deportations and Just Stop Oil are probably going to ratchet things up as well. We're looking at a bit of a powder keg.

I wonder if we're heading for a summer of civil unrest? . The Palestine protests are really intensifying (and I'm finding these increasingly galling), we're seeing protesters looking to target migrant deportations and Just Stop Oil are probably going to ratchet things up as well. We're looking at a bit of a powder keg.
These protests will change diddly squat.

I doubt it. There might be more protests but it won't do anything. At the end of the day there's nothing Britain and especially England loves more than the status quo (not the band).

Personally I think all of these protest movements have a point but this is a right wing nation and that's not going to change with a load of people that most here already hate protesting in the streets.

I doubt it. There might be more protests but it won't do anything. At the end of the day there's nothing Britain and especially England loves more than the status quo (not the band).

Personally I think all of these protest movements have a point but this is a right wing nation and that's not going to change with a load of people that most here already hate protesting in the streets.
Why are they about to elect in all probability a left wing government if we are a right wing nation. Doesn't make sense.

Why are they about to elect in all probability a left wing government if we are a right wing nation. Doesn't make sense.

Only if you believe Kier Starmers Labour Party to be left wing which I don't. They are at most a centrist party. Virtually everything I've heard from them is that they'll basically do the things the Tories want to do but more competently.

I believe this country to be roughly centrist

I'm not so sure to be honest. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic but I'm just very depressed about where we're going as a country. I do think labour will win the next election but I've heard little from them that makes me feel particularly confident that they'll do anything.

I'm not so sure to be honest. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic but I'm just very depressed about where we're going as a country. I do think labour will win the next election but I've heard little from them that makes me feel particularly confident that they'll do anything.
I think Starmer has taken on board the thumping that Labour got when Corbyn and Momentum poked their heads above the parapet last time around and won't risk it again.

Only if you believe Kier Starmers Labour Party to be left wing which I don't. They are at most a centrist party. Virtually everything I've heard from them is that they'll basically do the things the Tories want to do but more competently.
What have you heard from Starmer?

I think Starmer has taken on board the thumping that Labour got when Corbyn and Momentum poked their heads above the parapet last time around and won't risk it again.
I don't think "normal" people like extremism. Corbyn wasn't popular at all , and this Conservative party who have lurched to the right aren't popular either.

I've always thought the centre ground is where it's at.

I'm very pleased to announce that York and North York (in Sunak backyard- Richmond) have elected our first major, David Skaithe.

He is not a career politician. He is a local man with an independent business who wants to serve the N Yorkshire community.

He got an approx 14 k majority which is good considering there is alot of rural Tory areas in NY.

Teesside seat kept though a loss of approx 20% of the vote, taken into an election is enough for Labour to win alot of seats around there

Other surprising and good wins in to for Labour