The Holiday Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Holiday Thread

Bumped up

If you could mention the places mentioned in the interesting thread today folks, that would be good!

I have been to Kefelonia if that helps :14:

Mexico, Spain, Egypt and Canada have all been mentioned, to remind people, if they are scratching there heads wondering what they spoke about.

We are also still looking for Pride last heard of leaving Indonesia so if anyone is going that way :14:

I spoke of Whitehorse Yukon Canada in their. My daughter sent me an interesting link to the place they are moving too, last night. If anyone wants a read, here it is.

Should you be lucky enough to visit here are 26 fun, interesting and potentially useful facts about the city of Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory.

I’ve been to Whitehorse two times – and both times have been on the way to grand outdoor adventures. Although there are plenty of outdoor activities in the immediate vicinity of Whitehorse, beautiful Kluane National Park is an easy drive away as is Skagway, Alaska and the start of the famous Chilkoot Trail

Cont: http://www.hikebiketravel.com/25539/25-fun-interesting-facts-whitehorse-yukon/

We had a week in Tsilivi in Zante in May,then a week in Es Cana in Ibiza in August.Both were lovely breaks in the sun.I was ready to book a week in Fuerteventura for the first week in October,but due to my operation,I can't fly for 6 weeks.The first week in October would have meant NOT missing any Villa home matches.It was perfect timing.Bloody operation ! If Mrs Club knew the devious lengths I go to,she'd perform her own operation on me

Fulford - 6/9/2016 13:25

Has anyone been to Rhodes. If so what's it like.

I haven't. It's the 1 Greek Island I have never been keen on, as it's very touristy. My close friend goes regularly. She loves it there. Probably not much help that. I think it's all down to personal choice

Fulford - 6/9/2016 13:25

Has anyone been to Rhodes. If so what's it like.

I haven't. It's the 1 Greek Island I have never been keen on, as it's very touristy. My close friend goes regularly. She loves it there. Probably not much help that. I think it's all down to personal choice

Thanks KK, the hotel we are looking at gets very good reviews which is what I look for.

who was it that went to Mexico and mentioned it in another thread?

Cant' find the post.

Just half tempted to sod off for some sunshine

Probably have to be start of October as had a little op a few weeks back and not over it yet plus got elbow procedures on 26th Sept.

I've been to Mexico and going back there next month. I go to the Pacific side and had a great time there last year.

you got a link to the hotel (hotels) you linked to before, thought it was you but wasn't sure!

Here it is

http://www.nowresorts.com/amber

Although you may be better off with the Secrets side of the hotel as it's adults only.

I haven't been to Malta. I have been to Singapore too many times. I'm going again on Wednesday. I guess I'll just chill by the pool and try to ignore my kids.

I haven't Fulford but parents have. Just rung them and asked. If you like nice beaches I'd forget it, it's rocky doo dah type of thing.

A fair bit of history to go see if that is your thing. Think some of the drives inland are meant to be beautiful.

You need to be careful avoiding some of the resorts, very built up and shell suit type places.

Think they stayed at somewhere called Selema (sp, no idea) and they found that quite nice but it would have been over 10 years ago.

Dad was stationed there for a while many moons ago when in the Marines...

I went to Malta last September for a week and loved the place. Toured the island by Scooter to explore different towns and villages. Avoided the main tourist resort of Silema. Stayed in Valetta for a few nights which is tge capital and full of beautiful buiding and cafes/bars etc and then rode to Gozo (small island nearby) to stay there for a few nights.
Very hot when i was there and the places I visited weren't too crowded.

Thanks JF and Chico. I'm trying to find somewhere for next summer but struggling to find a place that fits the bill having 2 teenagers and a 7 year old. I have looked at the caribbean side of Mexico but our summer is their wet season. Don't really want to go east given the troubles out there.

chicovilla - 12/9/2016 02:34

Stayed in Valetta for a few nights which is tge capital and full of beautiful buiding and cafes/bars etc and then rode to Gozo (small island nearby) to stay there for a few nights.

Waterproof scooter Chico ?

Regarding Mexico. Went to Yucatan peninusula about 10 yrs ago. Flew into Cancun but didn't stay there as it'ssomewhat lively and full of partying yanks.

Down the coast to playa car or playa del Carmen is better. About 40-50 min drive I think. Lovely hotels, near to chichen itza Mayan ruins and the island of Cozumel so plenty of things to do away from the beach and pool.