The Holiday Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Holiday Thread

I'm off to Canada again this year, in September to see my daughter, SonIL and grandchildren. June is Kefalonia ofcourse.

I'm now looking at costs of all in holidays for next April for all inclusive in Bangkok! Before the jokes start he is on ignore and the answer is no.

I'm going to my 2nd son and to be Daughter In Law who live there. No I shan't be stopping with them. Not this time anyway.

The culture is vastly different out there. I will need my own time as will they. It will be a new experience for us all.

Whilst the DiL is modern, and has a high powered job etc there is a fracture between generations and how they live to us.

Whilst they live together which surprised me happened and in some ways are very modern in sections of their society there is still a vast difference in outlook.

I'm not your average woman in the U.K so out there, my DiL will take time to get used to me.

Regarding the forthcoming nuptials in the future I will be wearing long sleeves and taking a caseful of tattoo makeup cover out with me 😉
I would happily meet you for lunch. No problem.

This year's booked trips (so far)
2.5 weeks in Malaysia - KL, Melaka, Ipoh and Borneo (+ a new Country for me - Singapore) (March into Easter)

Long weekend in Rotterdam and Hague (Early May)

The trip I've had cancelled before , will hopefully go ahead this time- Uzbekistan (late May for 13 days) this trip really excites me the most.

Planning on Argentina or Central America over Xmas and New year.

This year's booked trips (so far)
2.5 weeks in Malaysia - KL, Melaka, Ipoh and Borneo (+ a new Country for me - Singapore) (March into Easter)

Long weekend in Rotterdam and Hague (Early May)

The trip I've had cancelled before , will hopefully go ahead this time- Uzbekistan (late May for 13 days) this trip really excites me the most.

Planning on Argentina or Central America over Xmas and New year.
And a couple of days in Athens in late May? :utv:

Looking forward to the pictures already @chicovilla (y)

The rides are better at Universal but Disney is Disney. It is magical.... If you're a big sentimental old kid like me.

I've been 3 times and always pack in the lot. It's a long way to go to come back having not done it all.

If you have the time (and money) Discovery Cove is amazing.

The rides are better at Universal but Disney is Disney. It is magical.... If you're a big sentimental old kid like me.

I've been 3 times and always pack in the lot. It's a long way to go to come back having not done it all.

If you have the time (and money) Discovery Cove is amazing.
Discovery Cove is an amazing day. Totally agree.
When your at universal be careful of the mummy returns ride. I don't like rides. But this was an inside one. So couldn't be that bad right? FFS. I shat myself.

When your at universal be careful of the mummy returns ride. I don't like rides. But this was an inside one. So couldn't be that bad right? FFS. I shat myself.
Haha I love rides so will put that top of my list! 👍

Lol.
We did the family Florida thingy when the kids were 11 and 10.
Fair to say they shat themselves when we went on The Mummy ride. On reflection they were probably a bit young and still bring it up against us even though they are now 20 and 18. :lol:.

Loved the holiday with them there, had to be done . Disney, Universal etc. Memories made because of the age of the kids but I have to say I couldn’t think of a worse holiday now . All those loud shouty Americans, sooo busy, queues and by all accounts it’s massively expensive now.

Last edited:
I'm going to Kuala Kangsar after Chinese New Year. Never been there before but I love small towns in Malaysia. You always find some unexpected cool things to do. I wish I had my pick-up truck back for the added explorability.

I can confirm I will repeat my 2023 holiday plans and won’t be having one

Last holiday/ long weekend, come to think of it, was my 50th. I’m 55 next month

I have replaced the spending on holidays with spending on art and my lovely tvs making sure I am having things I enjoy and stuff to look forward to

Used to love my total chill out trips to Egypt but times have moved on and that is that, holiday wise I would imagine. Not worth pushing up already high brain ache pressure with more pressure (flights)