The Grand National | Vital Football

The Grand National

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Ok, so the best 4 days of sport in the calender starts today. This is always my favourite sporting weekend of the year with The Master + The Grand National, and of course this year we get the added bonus of 2 massive Villa games.

Will anyone else be having a flutter on the National?

Who's your money on?

I backed 6 horses last year and managed to pick every one of the top 4 for a very nice return! Will be doing my usual trends spreadsheet today and making my selections for this year later on.

Ok, so the best 4 days of sport in the calender starts today. This is always my favourite sporting weekend of the year with The Master + The Grand National, and of course this year we get the added bonus of 2 massive Villa games.

Will anyone else be having a flutter on the National?

Who's your money on?

I backed 6 horses last year and managed to pick every one of the top 4 for a very nice return! Will be doing my usual trends spreadsheet today and making my selections for this year later on.
Also my favourite sporting weekend.

Always seem to do well in the National , it's been a lucky race fore me , the ground will be key this year I think. There haven't been many soft/heavy ground Nationals in the recent past.

The ones there have been have seen very few finishers and have tended to favour more experinced horses. I'll be completely rulling out any 7 or 8 year olds.

Done the bizzo and here are my 6 tips -

Corach Rambler (obviously)
Vanillier
Galvin
Kitty's Light
I Am Maximus
Galia Des Liteaux

I know, I know, I said I was going to ignore 8 year olds then picked 3, but here me out. I am Maximus & Galia Des Liteaux like the soft/heavy conditions and Kitty's Light is well weighted, so there.

Done the bizzo and here are my 6 tips -

Corach Rambler (obviously)
Vanillier
Galvin
Kitty's Light
I Am Maximus
Galia Des Liteaux

I know, I know, I said I was going to ignore 8 year olds then picked 3, but here me out. I am Maximus & Galia Des Liteaux like the soft/heavy conditions and Kitty's Light is well weighted, so there.
6 horses!!! I though I was being a bit OTT with 3

I used to do well picking the winner in the National, but the last few years I've not had much joy and this years Cheltenham was atrocious for me, so probably best to avoid whichever horses I'm picking.
Already backed Meeting of the Waters earlier in the week, price has come down since so good job I did
Will probably also get on Roi Mage and Galia Des Liteaux - look decent e/w prices

Mahlers Mission
Minella Indo
Vanillier
Mr Incredible
Kitty's Light
Latenightpass.

We've all selected one horse , but Mrs SD and Miss SD being female decided they wanted 2 !!!!!!

Not going to be a popular opinion on here but...

I went to Cheltenham a few years back and in the final race a horse fell in the last furlong. They brought out the green screen near where I was (Best mate enclosure) and I heard the gun shot.

I vowed there and then never to return, or to place a bet on jump racing.

Not going to be a popular opinion on here but...

I went to Cheltenham a few years back and in the final race a horse fell in the last furlong. They brought out the green screen near where I was (Best mate enclosure) and I heard the gun shot.

I vowed there and then never to return, or to place a bet on jump racing.
Fucking disgusting activity. I hate this topic with a passion so that will be my only post and let other posters enjoy the scene without conflict.

Cough cough.

Fucking disgusting activity. I hate this topic with a passion so that will be my only post and let other posters enjoy the scene without conflict.

Cough cough.

I assume you're vegan then? If so fair enough, no problem with consistent opinions.

If not I guess I'll just leave you to enjoy your burger without conflict.

I assume you're vegan then? If so fair enough, no problem with consistent opinions.

If not I guess I'll just leave you to enjoy your burger without conflict.
Nope. Not any more. I was a veggie for about 10 years.

There is no rule saying you have to be a vegan to call something inhumane.

Like an old poster on here. He was a green party door banger but still ate meat.

The two are not exclusive to one another.

Nope. Not any more. I was a veggie for about 10 years.

There is no rule saying you have to be a vegan to call something inhumane.

Like an old poster on here. He was a green party door banger but still ate meat.

The two are not exclusive to one another.

No I know they're not but I'm suggesting they probably should be otherwise it's just blatant hypocrisy surely?

I've heard first hand the atrocities and cruelty that goes on in slaughter houses. It's far far worse in terms of animal cruelty than the effects of horse racing. There's just no comparison.

So I find it odd that you can be so staunch in your views on racing but turn a blind eye to the cruelty in food industry.

Personally I'm aware that neither industry is perfect but at least I'll just admit I'm selfish and eat meat coz I like it and watch racing coz I like it too.

The thing with these horses is that they are bred to race, so if there was no racing they wouldn't even be born. From the day they are born they are treated like royalty and enjoy what they do. Obviously falls and deaths happen but nobody is purposely trying to hurt these horses. Everyone involved in racing love them. I definitely wouldn't class it as cruelty.

Compare that to slaughter houses where dick people torture animals for fun.

No I know they're not but I'm suggesting they probably should be otherwise it's just blatant hypocrisy surely?

I've heard first hand the atrocities and cruelty that goes on in slaughter houses. It's far far worse in terms of animal cruelty than the effects of horse racing. There's just no comparison.

So I find it odd that you can be so staunch in your views on racing but turn a blind eye to the cruelty in food industry.

Personally I'm aware that neither industry is perfect but at least I'll just admit I'm selfish and eat meat coz I like it and watch racing coz I like it too.

The thing with these horses is that they are bred to race, so if there was no racing they wouldn't even be born. From the day they are born they are treated like royalty and enjoy what they do. Obviously falls and deaths happen but nobody is purposely trying to hurt these horses. Everyone involved in racing love them. I definitely wouldn't class it as cruelty.

Compare that to slaughter houses where dick people torture animals for fun.
I think slaughter houses should be regulated much stricter than they are. Much stricter.

These horses are drugged up. Pushed to their absolute limits. It's not just one or two horses dying. Hundreds die on the racecourse alone each year.

That's not even taking into consideration the ones that die from exhaustion or bleeding on the brain during transport.

We eat meat to live. And to get the nutrients we need.

We dont need to be entertained by animals being pushed to the absolute maximum to live. That's just for entertainment purposes. Massive difference so not blatant hypocrisy.

It is a fact that more horses fatally injure themselves in a field or in a stable than they do on a racecourse.

No racehorse will jump a fence if they don't want to either , and you can see plenty that absolutely love doing so.

It is a fact that more horses fatally injure themselves in a field or in a stable than they do on a racecourse.

No racehorse will jump a fence if they don't want to either , and you can see plenty that absolutely love doing so.
What are studs and whips for then?

Whips are to help them run in a straight line. They're made of foam anyway. No idea what you are in about re studs ?
Have you ever seen a horse jump fences in the wild?
Whips are made to make them run in a straight line? Hahahaha. Bullshit. So why does the jockey only use them on one side?

Last edited:
Above is an example of a spur. Was auto correct on phone. Not stud. Spur.

Last edited: