The Formula 1 Thread | Page 80 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

It's all over SSN that Lewis Hamilton will potentially join Ferrari from the 2025 season.
Interesting.

Wonder whether he knows that Ferrari will be very competitive soon.
His move to Mercedes coincided exactly with them having the most competitive package which I think he knew and Mclaren have been in the wilderness all that time aswell. Defo no coincidence in my humble.

Really interesting development isn't it? I would love to see him get his 8th title this year, say goodbye to Merc in style, then enjoy a few years winning with Ferrari. Nice end to his career this, still fighting fit so not just dragging things on, but it is the team they all seem to want to drive for (always find it a bit strange, loads of prestige but a team that in modern times, has hardly won really)

And agree MD, when he left McLaren and went to Merc people thought he was mad, if you remember, and that he was blowing his chances of winning another title.

Makes you wonder if Lewis isn't impressed with the new car.

Yes, felt a bit stretched a few times last season didn't it, but then he signed on again. But agreed. Perfection would be winning his 8th (9th!) with them, as a sign off, then a few years of entertainment (and winning) with Ferrari.

Oh, I did read somewhere, that he wouldn't really know re the new car quite yet, but surely testing is fully underway now, as the new season starts in March.

Yes, felt a bit stretched a few times last season didn't it, but then he signed on again. But agreed. Perfection would be winning his 8th (9th!) with them, as a sign off, then a few years of entertainment (and winning) with Ferrari.

Oh, I did read somewhere, that he wouldn't really know re the new car quite yet, but surely testing is fully underway now, as the new season starts in March.

I understand testing has been going on for weeks now. I'm sure if he was impressed with the car that he wouldn't have jumped ship

I understand testing has been going on for weeks now. I'm sure if he was impressed with the car that he wouldn't have jumped ship

Yes. Wish I could find the article. Remember testing for all teams is limited so maybe the major testing is still pending or just starting.

Wolfe did say he accepted the decision but maybe not the timing so who knows

I guess just one more adventure for him before retiring. If not he might have struggled for motivation doing the same things over and over

Yes. Wish I could find the article. Remember testing for all teams is limited so maybe the major testing is still pending or just starting.

Wolfe did say he accepted the decision but maybe not the timing so who knows

I guess just one more adventure for him before retiring. If not he might have struggled for motivation doing the same things over and over

I see this as his last drive in F1. For some reason racing drivers have this fascination with driving for Ferrari despite them as being a team that has been poorly managed over the years. The words strategy and Ferrari shouldn't be heard in the same sentence.

Good luck to him, but I just don't see it ending well.

I see this as his last drive in F1. For some reason racing drivers have this fascination with driving for Ferrari despite them as being a team that has been poorly managed over the years. The words strategy and Ferrari shouldn't be heard in the same sentence.

Good luck to him, but I just don't see it ending well.

To be fair, he gets to drive what most of them seem to dream of driving, and will be paid a few hundred million. I reckon that is a pretty decent end. But yes, I get what you mean obviously! LOL

Good article on the new car from Red Bull

Adrian Newey really does seem to be a magician doesn't he.

As they say in the article, it is amazing really, after so much success last year, that they have changed the car so much. Not much warm and fuzzy feelings towards this team from most here I know (and I am not a fan of Verstappen and his miserable mug!) but you have to admire them.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Hamilton next season. I would like to see Lando Norris move to Merc, he's big friends George Russell. And both are young. Could build for a decade with them.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Hamilton next season. I would like to see Lando Norris move to Merc, he's big friends George Russell. And both are young. Could build for a decade with them.
Sure I read somewhere about potentially Alonso.

But I’ve always thought Gasly was harshly treated at Red Bull , I think he is a real talent and would be very good (again) in a better car like a Merc instead of the junior Red Bull team. Not sure how tied he is to the Red Bull programme though.

Sure I read somewhere about potentially Alonso.

But I’ve always thought Gasly was harshly treated at Red Bull , I think he is a real talent and would be very good (again) in a better car like a Merc instead of the junior Red Bull team. Not sure how tied he is to the Red Bull programme though.

Yes, you could understand Alonso because of the vast experience, couldn't you. But I don't think that is the way they do it, I think they will keep wanting to bring in the younger talent and build.

Verstappen gets first pole but interestingly their other car is 5th. let's hope this is a sign the others are really much closer and it's only his driving that is getting that Red Bull to pole this season.
Top drivers do tend to get any car further up the grid than their mere mortal teammates. When both Drivers are one-two it's down to the car.
We don't want another season over by August

Verstappen gets first pole but interestingly their other car is 5th. let's hope this is a sign the others are really much closer and it's only his driving that is getting that Red Bull to pole this season.
Top drivers do tend to get any car further up the grid than their mere mortal teammates. When both Drivers are one-two it's down to the car.
We don't want another season over by August
Probably not. Very similar to last season sadly. Perez is stinking the place out in Red Bull . On his last legs there I would think. Which is a massive surprise as it was a great move for him.
I suppose his only mitigation is that Red Bull are set up for Max and Max only . Always been the case. They don’t like a really competitive team mate . Been through Riccardo, Gasly, Albon and now Checo while Max has been there and all have bombed . They don’t appear to get the support Max does.