The Fans | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Fans

I've seen 3. My first memory was losing to Coventry in the FA Cup final.

Should have known then it was a mistake. 🤣
My first recollection was the 81/82 League Cup Final followed by the FA Cup Final of the same year. Then of course we won the UEFA Cup in 83/84. Good times back then when we could actually turn up for the big games.

I missed the other 3 finals before that due to my tender age.

Of course a few more finals followed with the defeat to Coventry & the big one for me , the 90/91 FA Cup Final but it was at the close of the decade, the 98/99 League Cup Final before we saw success again.

Rather oddly in the time since we've seen our League standings improve but Cup form has slipped somewhat. We need to get back to winning ways again.

My first recollection was the 81/82 League Cup Final followed by the FA Cup Final of the same year. Then of course we won the UEFA Cup in 83/84. Good times back then when we could actually turn up for the big games.

I missed the other 3 finals before that due to my tender age.

Of course a few more finals followed with the defeat to Coventry & the big one for me , the 90/91 FA Cup Final but it was at the close of the decade, the 98/99 League Cup Final before we saw success again.

Rather oddly in the time since we've seen our League standings improve but Cup form has slipped somewhat. We need to get back to winning ways again.
There are loads of highlights from classic games on Spursplay that would fill a wet afternoon.

If I'm honest, I do think we are a lot further ahead than many of us thought, for the owners 'the scars' from the likes of N'Dombele still hurt and I suppose at long last we're (I think) looking/Scouting players in a different way.
Yup we do need a few upgrades and as RD says these should be 1st teamers.
We aren't far off the big guys and can hold our own (mostly), however we must adjust tactics for each game.
For me you can't just play one way...

If I'm honest, I do think we are a lot further ahead than many of us thought, for the owners 'the scars' from the likes of N'Dombele still hurt and I suppose at long last we're (I think) looking/Scouting players in a different way.
Yup we do need a few upgrades and as RD says these should be 1st teamers.
We aren't far off the big guys and can hold our own (mostly), however we must adjust tactics for each game.
For me you can't just play one way...
We're certainly missing players in 3 critical areas of the field. Sort that out & we ought to see a big improvement. If we buy well of course.

We will see improvement next season!

A full pre-season, holidays, rest etc

A good Transfer Window, newbies required by Angie coming in, 2 or 3 maybe 4 of his type of player, the not wanted going out.

The players who were back to early from injury/sickness, squad depth came into play here, will be the players we expect and luv.

The young uns have a season under their belt, thus improvement.

The squad on a whole more balanced.

Changes(David Bowie) will be coming for the good.

But in general we have had a pretty good season, ok ups n downs, but hey its Angie's first season, a rollercoaster as some said pre-season, well I have loved the ride.

I think he is top of all the leagues for a first season coach v Pep, Klippity n the Spanish twat, even Poch for that matter!

Learning, adapting, knowing the way to go, getting to know your players etc that is what a first season is all about.

Well had me say, that'll do me, Come On Ange! COYS