The All New TV Thread | Page 326 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Found and binge watched The Gone yesterday, BBC. Thought it was very good indeed and a 2nd series has been commissioned.

Gunpowder.

New (but I think it’s old) on Netflix. 3 parter about the Gunpowder plot. You know that thing some celebrate over 4 weeks in October/November.

Wait a minute . Blow up Parliament? . Mmm. Was it such a bad idea.?.

Not sure how much truth there is in their adaptation but I’m enjoying it.

Gunpowder.

New (but I think it’s old) on Netflix. 3 parter about the Gunpowder plot. You know that thing some celebrate over 4 weeks in October/November.

Wait a minute . Blow up Parliament? . Mmm. Was it such a bad idea.?.

Not sure how much truth there is in their adaptation but I’m enjoying it.

We suspect, on my mom's side, one of our ancesters was involved. Winter was the surname. In the plot, not the Netflix show!

Yeah. Just finished season 2 this week . Not living up to the hype I have heard but watchable and will do the whole lot.

Seems a bit samey each episode.

Snidey people being snide, out of context sex scene then a decent character gets killed.
I suppose Emilia Clarke isn’t for everyone but once you warm to Daenerys GOT becomes very addictive, for me anyway, and I would say for millions of others. She’s not the only addictive character though but if you’ve only watched the first 2 seasons I’ll say no more. Hope you get to enjoy this masterpiece.

Last edited:
We suspect, on my mom's side, one of our ancesters was involved. Winter was the surname. In the plot, not the Netflix show!

I’ve just looked as i am sure I heard the name Winter in the first two episodes I have watched so far. There is indeed a character… surname Wintour. Further look and Wintour is an alternative spelling to Winter!.

Not for this thread but family history fascinates me. My Dad did ours fairly recently.

Last edited:
This Town.
Mrs T insisted we watch it.

What a pile of crap.

It’s not bad but I’m not fully into it, get the point Steven knight is a blues fan though. The lad has blues posters on his wall but didn’t know who the Zulus were, also they didn’t form until 1982 and I think it’s set before then from what I’ve read. The scene on top of primark in town has a lot of new buildings in the background (Including the updated rotunda), you’d think they would’ve edited them out. The heartlands parkway was built way after this is set so thought it was odd to see that too. Druids Heath features heavily, proper shithole that place. I know it’s a drama and not a documentary but it’s very easy to pick apart when you know everywhere in it.

One positive thing I’ll say about Steven knight (even though he likes to hammer home the blues thing) is at least someone is putting Birmingham on main stream tv and at prime time too, including shit holes like Druids Heath. I used to cycle/drive through there daily and even did today, it’s exactly how it looks. London and Manchester are always on the box so it’s good to see my city too.

Starting to run out of new stuff to watch but came across Ripley ( not the Aliens version ) on Netflix, a mini series of 8 episodes. It’s a good crime story set in Italy starring Andrew Scott who played Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes mini series.

Starting to run out of new stuff to watch but came across Ripley ( not the Aliens version ) on Netflix, a mini series of 8 episodes. It’s a good crime story set in Italy starring Andrew Scott who played Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes mini series.
I’ve been watching this. It’s shot in black and white. The photography is brilliant. You could frame and hang every shot on the wall.
Look out for the motor boat scene in episode 3. Brilliant!

Watched the last ever episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm tonight.

One of my favourite TV shows of all time, it will be missed. Larry David is a genius.
I'm rewatching it all from season 1 at the moment, I'm saving the final season until I've finished the previous 11. To this day the poker scene in season 2 where he calls the effeminate guy a '****' is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Helgoland 513 on Sky, its subtitled which would normally turn me right off but I'm really enjoying it.

A small community of survivors of an apocalypse that has overrun the rest of the world and plunged it into chaos is holed up on Germany's only offshore island.

Been waiting for the Fallout TV series for years and watched that last week.

I was half-expecting it to flop but thankfully, I enjoyed every minute of it. I understand series two is already in the works.

Lots of nice easter eggs related to the games franchise for those familiar but even so I think anyone with a hankering for 50's sci-fi post apocalyptic survival humour / gore (??!! :wack:) could maybe get into it.