Team vs Sunderland | Vital Football

Team vs Sunderland

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So Onel is out for the rest of the season after breaking his foot.

Remember when DW was banging on about not being left too short and that he doesn't want Placheta to go without a replacement - well, BK obviously didn't listen and let him go, and now Rowe and Onel are both out for the season (rowe back if in the play offs).

Down to Sainz and Fassnacht (who isn't a winger) and Gibbs (who isn't a winger). Bloody brilliant

I assume we are going to get treated to same old central defensive line up of Gibson and Hanley who have been failing us for the last 5 seasons …..or are they injured as well ?

Hanley is fit.

Nunez is another to add to the injury list with a hip injury. He will miss Saturday.

Duffy's layoff is going to be longer, and not be back until Plymouth or maybe Leicester.

Will this be the last we see of Onel....doubtful as dw thinks he is brilliant.

Rowe is not back until late April.

DW is not worried about wingers (and this can basically be a cut-and-paste job of what he was saying back when we had one forward fit) because we have plenty of options. Sainz is playing well. Fassnacht has scored 6 goals, which is okay, but can do better, and we have Gibbs, who is there to play on the wings for us, too.

I think DW should look at Giannoulis or McCallum as winger options.

The squad is getting smaller.

Gunn

Stacey
Batth
Gibson
McCallum

McLean
Sorensen

Sainz
Sara
Fassnacht

Sargent

Subs:

Long - Giannoulis - Hanley - Barnes - SvH - Gibbs - Fisher - that is the whole squad after this it is the youth players so - Aboh - Lima

How I would go. Crazy that every first team squad member will have to be in the match day squad shows how small the squad is.

Not a very youthful squad at the moment. I bet, knowing DW, he will pick two GK on the bench instead of two youth players.

If necessary I would consider playing McCallum as a left winger (if Sainz is not fit)
as he has a good cross on him. Then its young Myles.

As for the right hand side, its Fastnacht, then they may play Gibbs then its a choice between recalling Springett or looking into our U23 side.

Enjoy!

If necessary I would consider playing McCallum as a left winger (if Sainz is not fit)
as he has a good cross on him. Then its young Myles.

As for the right hand side, its Fastnacht, then they may play Gibbs then its a choice between recalling Springett or looking into our U23 side.

Enjoy!
What a situation to be in.

I think we still have Joe Duffy. He is a winger, but once again another left footed one. We are very short of wingers and extremely short of right footed ones. Myles looks a talent and another left footed winger.

The Lima loan has been good.

As wingers are limited, why doesn't DW have a different formation?

4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2

With this as the 4-3-1-2

Barnes Sargent

Sainz

McLean - Sorensen - Sara

Or this as the 4-3-3

Barnes - SvH - Sargent

McLean - Sara - Fassnacth

Sunderland will be missing nine first-team players for the game tomorrow:

Roberts, Clarke, Ballard, Dack, Alese, Evans, Embleton, Cirkin and Huggins

Geesh I know time is flying and Ive just got over my first covid setback but I had a double take when O'Neil was in an article about Norwichs prospects based on their injuries - has DW gone overninght and been replaced by O'Neil - reading further a little snippet said he was currently out of work - cept it seems as a pundit on City!!

I have this horrible worry that today we will lose Sargent or sainz through injury.

Also that DW will play Sorensen at CB

No idea how true it is but one Norwich social site is reporting that Lima, welch and Aboh are in the match day squad today.

Squad so stretched. Good to see welch and Aboh on the bench but will DW out then on?

DW will just not make five subs and will probably go with four in McCallum, SvH, Sorensen and gibbs

Over the years Norwich have played some really poor football but the top three shit shows have to be Roeder, Smith and now Wagner. I am tired of hearing pundits and the like say it doesn't matter as long as we win, they deserve a slap. This is meant to be entertainment ffs.

HT. 0-0 . No shots on target , and Sunderland little better with one shot on target
The one time we actually play quick passing we then create a chance. Why does DW persist with slow football?

Barnes and McLean both played silly passes.

Missing that quality at the moment but not sure what I'd do to change it. Fassnacht off but Jo wingers so maybe throw on McCallum for him and play him as a winger (he can use his right boot).