Team vs Leeds | Vital Football

Team vs Leeds

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Who thinks we will go 5-4-1?? PNE didn't and caused issues, but yes lost...to a 94th minute penalty.

Batth will be out for at least two weeks - will miss Leeds, Liverpool and Coventry - should be available for QPR.

Hanley 50/50 for Leeds, but back in training tomorrow so will definitely be back for Liverpool. DW says he will speak with Hanley after his first session tomorrow to see how he is feeling - he might travel and be on the bench, we will see.

Everyone else seems fit.

DW said we were very good against WBA, but it is a step up to face Leeds.

DW does mention defensively multiple times when talking about Leeds and says that we have to be at the top of our game defensively. Says Leeds are too good for this need and shouldn't be here - I disagree they are here because they weren't good enough for the premiership so the do deserve to be here.

Says we have loads of confidence in the dressing room and everyone is together.

Says that if we lose it isn't the end of the world as the season still has many games to go.

A line that we used to hear from Hughton 'we respect every club' because apparently every club deserve our respect --- Ipswich don't f them, Does say that we don't fear any club.

Norwich first team coach was at the Leeds game yesterday scouting how they play and dw said that 'he saw lots of interesting things in this game.'

Confirms that Warner hasn't left yet, but says it is close and Warner has chosen Notts County over a couple of other clubs. He is there today in discussions with them, but nothing signed off yet.

Asked about French midfielder Varane and DW says that he can't comment on that or any current deals.

What are you guys thinking?

I think DW will go with the 5-4-1

Gunn - Stacey - Duffy - Gibson - McLean - Giannoulis - Nunez - Sara - Rowe - Onel - Barnes. I have this feeling he will go like that I hope not.

I would go with the best 11 you can

Gunn - Stacey - Duffy - Gibson - McCallum - McLean - Nunez - Sainz - Sara - Rowe - Sargent

If take it to them, nothing to lose, we need wins, fuck it, sod playing 4-5-1 ever, at anfield maybe but whats the plan B with a 4-5-1? Bring on shit idah and onel? Wohoooo

Leeds mate says that they are missing their captain is out, as are summerville and gnonto.

He isn't confident at all

• 28Gunn
  • 3Stacey
  • 24Duffy
  • 6Gibson
  • 30Giannoulis
  • 23McLean
  • 17Gomes Sara
  • 27Rowe
  • 26Núñez
  • 7Sainz
  • 9Sargent

Substitutes​

• 8Gibbs
  • 10Barnes
  • 11Idah
  • 12Long
  • 15McCallum
  • 16Fassnacht
  • 19Sørensen
  • 25Hernández
  • 35Fisher

I would have thought our game would have been on SKY or the red button.
I think the reason it isn't is due to this countries bonkers TV laws in regards to football. This is a rearranged match so is treated like a regular Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Because it would be a travesty if fans could watch the game.

Placheta must be on his way and will DW replace him or get an extra body in that DW said he would need if placheta goes

Placheta must be on his way and will DW replace him or get an extra body in that DW said he would need if placheta goes
No need, we will have *insert name here* back from injury which will be like a new signing.

I really do not enjoy the football we play. What is even more worrying is it's still better than Dean Smiths.

We are so sh..poor, lets say poor. I can't remember the defence actually stopping an attack. They stand off, get cut open and they either miss the target or Gunn save. As for attacking we have so little creativity. The best attack we've had was Hernandez breaking forward, played a good ball to Idah who telegraphed that he wanted it on his right foot making it easy for the defender.

We are just such a mess of a team.