Team vs Cardiff | Vital Football

Team vs Cardiff

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Onel had a hamstring issue on Tuesday, but seems to be okay, but not 100% if he is going to play on Saturday.

Sargent has issues (again) and hasn't trained so it will be a late call, but don't be surprised to see him out of the line up. His injury is to do with the ankle injury he suffered earlier in the season and this is giving him lots of discomfort.

DW no player will play a game of football under him until they have had at least one training session.

DW confirms that Duffy will now be out for at least two and a half weeks missing Cardiff, Blackburn and possibly Sunderland.

Rowe will not need surgery which is good news, but we do know that it is a very serious injury and he will not return for at least 6 weeks and looking like a period of training to see him return after that (so most likely 8 weeks until he plays again - so could be the last couple of games) - massive blow that and especially with Onel now having hamstring issues.

DW once again talks about being left too thin (thanks BK) and having to manage the players otherwise we will be without players. 'We have to be very careful not to have a squad which is too thin, because injuries are part of the game unfortunately. Every player plays his part, has positive energy. Fassi (Fassnacht) got a goal and Onel an assist [against Watford]. We have players who are playing on a very good level.'

Dw says he doesn't want to talk about those fans who boo. Says maybe he was a little strong with what he said, but that is how he felt. Issues another of these rallying calls that I have heard a million times from Norwich managers and players before - Says 'Come on, we have 14 games to go, the players have done unbelievably in recent weeks to come closer to the interesting spots. But we're far from done, and we have to go for it together. I'd like the focus from everyone on Saturday, another home games. Our home performances recently are good, but we are not done yet.'

Basically says if you don't follow the message and be a zombie then. he doesn't care about you - 'I will always protect my players, my coaching staff, my club, and those fans who are positive'

Saying 'My Club' like it is his club over the fans who have supported the club for years and pay to go watch them and that he doesn't care for the ones who step out of line and who speak their mind - how dare you - piss off mate.

Wow DW big headed when he says that he is the one who is helping Gibbs and in part it will be down to him why Gibbs will have a good career -

'We have conversations, honest conversations about it. But his shift was very good on Tuesday, he made steps in the right direction. It's now a really difficult period for him, but he'll have a top career and in 15 years he'll look back on this period and know it helped him (improve).'

Gibbs has played little to nothing under DW and the guy is playing him out of position. Remember this comment when Gibbs is loaned to league 1 side then sold to Motherwell.

So if Onel and sergeant are out then man it is going to be an interesting line up and subs bench - dw will probably put three GKs on it

I do hope that it won't be Barnes up top on his own and I do hope that either Batth or Hanley start. But I do think that DW will go with Barnes up top and Sara number 10 with Nunez in central midfielder, which I guess will do

DW will take Sargent off again...if that's the case then we need another goal as we can't sit back on 2-1