Steve Evans | Vital Football

Steve Evans

Rotherham will no doubt have one of the lowest budgets in League One next season!

Made the gutt wrenching decision to make the round trip back to Rotherham so to speak

Last edited:
With Oxford due to play Stevenage on Friday, this really is awful timing for us.
Not necessarily, I remember how the Cowleys last game at Wycombe went when the squad knew they were going. May be better that he's gone before the game, as the Stevenage squad would have known where it was heading.

It's funny, only a few weeks ago, he was doing the managerial equivalent of kissing the badge, saying how wonderful it was to have had the privilege to be manager there.

Evans doesn't hang around anywhere for too long these days. This is his 7th job since he left Crawley in 2012.

Not necessarily, I remember how the Cowleys last game at Wycombe went when the squad knew they were going. May be better that he's gone before the game, as the Stevenage squad would have known where it was heading.
True that and I hope you're right...

What was the next game btw ? Wasn't that Oxford at home when we lost by a cricket score? Can't remember but if yes I'm less optimistic 😉

True that and I hope you're right...

What was the next game btw ? Wasn't that Oxford at home when we lost by a cricket score? Can't remember but if yes I'm less optimistic 😉
No it was 0-1 at home to Bristol Rovers. The Oxford game was two after that.

Loyalty isn't something Evans does, he gets out as soon as he thinks there's a better opportunity or if the Club he's at can't give him what he wants budget wise.

For the last decade, he's a short term manager now with 6 jobs in less than 9 years.