Progress of youngsters? | Vital Football

Progress of youngsters?

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
A question for those of you who have watched any of our development players . Are any of them ready to break into our first team squad?
My mate saw Apter play for the Bin Dippers against Mansfield and said he was the best player on the pitch. We will be playing Mansfield next season.

A question for those of you who have watched any of our development players . Are any of them ready to break into our first team squad?
My mate saw Apter play for the Bin Dippers against Mansfield and said he was the best player on the pitch. We will be playing Mansfield next season.
I rate Apter I believe he has great potemtial, I also believe he could have done a job for us, but what do I know?

Someone provided some information for Apter yesterday.

Not wanting to.put the kid down but I'm hoping we nurse him accordingly with the team.

"By the way he wasn't selected in one game v Wrexham and got subbed off in the other. Didn't score against Stockport in either game. Of the three promoted sides, he only scored against Mansfield (in both games!). Indeed, bar his two goals against Mansfield he didn't score v anyone else in the top seven in L2.

The majority of the goals he's scored for Tranmere have come against sides in the bottom half; indeed half the goals he scored for them came against sides who finished in the bottom third in League 2"

He did fail to mention the really smart assist against Stockport. Objective assessment offers the full picture. Being subbed off part way through the second half doesn't mean you are having a bad day these days and the lad did win a L2 award.

Not wanting to.put the kid down but I'm hoping we nurse him accordingly with the team.

"By the way he wasn't selected in one game v Wrexham and got subbed off in the other. Didn't score against Stockport in either game. Of the three promoted sides, he only scored against Mansfield (in both games!). Indeed, bar his two goals against Mansfield he didn't score v anyone else in the top seven in L2.

The majority of the goals he's scored for Tranmere have come against sides in the bottom half; indeed half the goals he scored for them came against sides who finished in the bottom third in League

Unless he gets his chance we will never know if he can make the step up.
Exactly.

The majority of the goals he's scored for Tranmere have come against sides in the bottom half; indeed half the goals he scored for them came against sides who finished in the bottom third in League 2"
Well this bodes well, it was the shite teams we struggled against!