Player ratings 23/24. Mostly 6/10 in a 6/10 season. | Vital Football

Player ratings 23/24. Mostly 6/10 in a 6/10 season.

gills69

Vital Squad Member
Like most Gills Supporters I was very disappointed at how the season panned out. After starting 2023/24 even better than the 2022/23 season had finished hopes were high but, across the 46 games, we simply just weren't good enough.

For me 12th is a 6/10 result.

Live or through I Follow I watched nearly 30 games and very rarely saw an 8/10 from any player so it's no surprise that, across the course of the season, few would have averaged more than 6/10.

Those I think may have averaged a bit over 6 were:

Turner
Morris
Hutton
Ogie
Masterson
Ehmer
Coleman
Jefferies

Solid 6's for:

Clark
Malone
McKenzie
Mahoney
Dieng
Lapslie
J.Williams
Hawkins
Andrews

Below 6's for:

Nadesan
Clarke
J.Walker

The fact that any contenders for player of the season would have come from the defensive unit ,including Coleman, says it all about where we were most lacking.

The right Summer Signings are key for us to do any better in 2024/25.

COYG

Can’t argue with much of that. Defensive players a bit better than average. Offensive players worse than average.

Only one I’d put a tad higher is Andrew’s. If he plays all next season like he’s played his short time so far, he’ll be well above a 6 imho. Dieng also possibly a bit over 6 as well. Especially his last month or 2.

Can’t argue with much of that. Defensive players a bit better than average. Offensive players worse than average.

Only one I’d put a tad higher is Andrew’s. If he plays all next season like he’s played his short time so far, he’ll be well above a 6 imho. Dieng also possibly a bit over 6 as well. Especially his last month or 2.

Cheers OSK.

Andrews has shown to be a decent prospect with his hard working, bustling displays but hasn't delivered much yet.

Regarding Dieng. A few recent 7/10s haven't been enough to overturn a previous (very) long list of 5's.

Like most Gills Supporters I was very disappointed at how the season panned out. After starting 2023/24 even better than the 2022/23 season had finished hopes were high but, across the 46 games, we simply just weren't good enough.

For me 12th is a 6/10 result.

Live or through I Follow I watched nearly 30 games and very rarely saw an 8/10 from any player so it's no surprise that, across the course of the season, few would have averaged more than 6/10.

Those I think may have averaged a bit over 6 were:

Turner
Morris
Hutton
Ogie
Masterson
Ehmer
Coleman
Jefferies

Solid 6's for:

Clark
Malone
McKenzie
Mahoney
Dieng
Lapslie
J.Williams
Hawkins
Andrews

Below 6's for:

Nadesan
Clarke
J.Walker

The fact that any contenders for player of the season would have come from the defensive unit ,including Coleman, says it all about where we were most lacking.

The right Summer Signings are key for us to do any better in 2024/25.

COYG

I'd have Coleman, Ogie, Hutton in the low sevens. They've been our standout players for me. All 3 faded a bit towards the end of the season, but there's a young core there who have been great signings.

Andrews I think will be one of our key players next year - I really like what I see from him, but 3 starts isn't enough to showcase anything yet.

I've been disappointed with Jefferies (1 g, 1 a) George Lapslie (3 + 1) as potential starting players. We're not far off in central midfield - Coleman, Williams + a new signing could be very dangerous, but that new guy needs to be a high end number 8, with two fast/wide powerful wingers who know where the net is!

4/10 for most

With 5/10 being average, you'd have to say our performance this season overall was slightly below that.

Not a big fan of ratings/10 as people are reluctant to give anything outside of 5-8