NHS dentists | Vital Football

NHS dentists

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Anyone here still got one if you go to the dentist?. Mine is going fully private in April.

I've got toothache now. I'm hoping my dentist will see me still. If not its going to be a 111 Job for an emergency dentist. I'm waiting on my usual dentist ringing back

I'm going to have to go out of area for a dentist after April

I went entirely private a couple of years ago and I'm getting much better service. The hilarious thing is that I'm paying roughly NHS prices at my dentist.

I had to go last week to get a filling put back in (suction power of a Cadburys Chocolate Eclair ) . Anyway they offered me 3 options to do the work - a temporary fix, an NHS filling or a private filling.
I was lucky i suppose as the practice had a cancellation so got me in that morning , all pretty good apart from the bill !

Plenty by us, the Asians seem to be able to make it pay. Bhandal must have about 20 or more now he's built up over the last 30 years.
We have one in Bearwood not one of his either

I think every NHS dentist I've dealt with in the past 15 years has been a total **** to be honest and one surgery I was at thought they could get away with charging you for multiple bands, i.e. if you need a band 1 and band 2 treatment you would get charged for both rather than defaulting to paying for the highest band only.

The one I'm at now is absolutely fantastic, great to deal with and you can get an appointment whenever. It's sad where NHS dentistry has gone.

A timely thread.

Funny enough last week Mrs M phoned our NHS dentist to be told they weren’t offering NHS to us anymore.

Couple of years ago our regular private dentist retired and the practice got taken over and the prices went through the roof. We sought an NHS dentist out and found one local but they were not taking on full NHS and could only offer a halfway option i,e we were not paying full private or full NHS. Obviously it was cheaper so we went for it. Had one check up and i have to say it was fcuking awful. Chaotic practice, i was in the chair and it was like Piccadilly Circus . Now I’m not scared of the dentist but I wouldn’t expect a revolving door of people coming in and out of the room while I was in the chair. In terms of the NHS side of things we were then on a waiting list to move up to full NHS there. Never happened and obviously now we’ve been told it’s private for us and we won’t be moved.

Phoned my old private practice and their prices now compare so going back to them now rather than that shit hole we moved to . May as well if I have to pay private .

I think every NHS dentist I've dealt with in the past 15 years has been a total **** to be honest and one surgery I was at thought they could get away with charging you for multiple bands, i.e. if you need a band 1 and band 2 treatment you would get charged for both rather than defaulting to paying for the highest band only.

The one I'm at now is absolutely fantastic, great to deal with and you can get an appointment whenever. It's sad where NHS dentistry has gone.
You were lucky you didn't have to see the school dentist that we all had to see, you'd be full of fillings and missing teeth now. NHS and private has come a long way since the 60's. My kids who are over 40 both have perfect teeth and no filings

Well my dentist didn't ring me back so I have my answer. Early alarm in the morning for 111 service

Have used the same place for years and years (Was a 2-3 year gap when I lived abroad and when I came back I registered again) as an nhs patient, pretty good place. Partner recently registered there and was seen quite quickly too. South Birmingham.

Last edited:
I always thought dementia just meant you forgot things but it's obviously far more complex .
On a serious note my late mom past from dementia and its far more than forgetting things - though claiming he has dementia has mitigation is a pack of bull

Know nothing on the case so won't comment on the specifics.

But dementia can quite easily mean you do not remember a family member or loved one in your house, but you remember your house as being where you live. Ergo defence to an invader.

Some stories see folks effectively break in to their old workplace or homes (they know the window that is dodgy, they remember the passcode, a hidden key etc and even an alarm code at points) and are merry until someone doesn't know them.

These thankfully never end up in charges when there's an understanding, but this is how damaging and random it is. I remember one chap at his workplace went in (say 3am) and just started working, reviewed paperwork and plans and cracked on even though he had basically just escaped from home, and was long retired.

PR stunt or not as I remember it, the company paid him the hourly as his work was spot on and he'd saved another employee 3/4 hours of work lol Son/Daughter I can't remember didn't find it as funny, as they learnt about it because the front door was left open and absolutely shat themselves when they realised.

Horrible disease but I think Sil you are more thinking of alzheimer's which is the forgetful start, before it can turn into full dementia.

Know nothing on the case so won't comment on the specifics.

But dementia can quite easily mean you do not remember a family member or loved one in your house, but you remember your house as being where you live. Ergo defence to an invader.

Some stories see folks effectively break in to their old workplace or homes (they know the window that is dodgy, they remember the passcode, a hidden key etc and even an alarm code at points) and are merry until someone doesn't know them.

These thankfully never end up in charges when there's an understanding, but this is how damaging and random it is. I remember one chap at his workplace went in (say 3am) and just started working, reviewed paperwork and plans and cracked on even though he had basically just escaped from home, and was long retired.

PR stunt or not as I remember it, the company paid him the hourly as his work was spot on and he'd saved another employee 3/4 hours of work lol Son/Daughter I can't remember didn't find it as funny, as they learnt about it because the front door was left open and absolutely shat themselves when they realised.

Horrible disease but I think Sil you are more thinking of alzheimer's which is the forgetful start, before it can turn into full dementia.

The forgetful part is more than just normal forgetfulness! It's the short term member in far more specific ways than normal forgetfulness.

Its not just the base of the 5 questions. For example with mom they asked her to put numbers into a circle for a clock.

She just carried writing no's around the clock outline till she couldn't fill anymore in.

The cognition starts to go quite quickly too and we caught mom right at the beginning in the early stages.

When for example mom had a bath which I was down for to help her I had to tell her to put her legs down in the bath. Her cognition wasn't processing quickly enough

Just had quick count on the NHS website and there are 40+ NHS dental practices within 6 miles of me taking on new nhs patients. All asian of course but all NHS.