Name' Em (Gills Summer 2024 Targets) | Vital Football

Name' Em (Gills Summer 2024 Targets)

NWBluesFan

Vital Squad Member
It's time...

Ethan Cardwell was mentioned in another thread and I like when specific names, not just needs, are floated. So who would you like - ideal world - to see us target this summer?

I'll put my money where my mouth is and name 5 I would love - and are semi-realistic - who I think would improve our squad, or have the potential to grow into a key player.

1. Alex Kirk (Arsenal, loan at Bromley this year).
Strong, 21, young, developing CB. It's a gut feeling - I believe he's out of contract at Arsenal this summer and I think he's ready to step into a League Two team (if they retain him, a loan is also fine). We need more young players with potential and if Masterson leaves (gut feeling) we need someone who can play that right side CB position. He can play the ball well and steps up. A developmental signing like Ogie.

2. Joe Pritchard (Accrington)
AML, 27, Out of contract, Southern Roots, quality leader, good on the ball and capable of giving us an option on the left, further forward. Very versatile. Has had some injuries but would add a lot of quality.

3. Anthony Hartigan (Mansfield)
Central Midfielder, out of contract, did well playing at Barnet this year, 24. Good technical player, still lots of potential and I think he can step into L2 and be useful. We lack depth in central midfield and if our wing backs will feature heavily in future play, we need guys in the middle who can handle the game. Solid passer and set pieces too.

4. Idris Kanu (Barnet)
24, Right footed, left wing back or wide player. Good one on one, thrives getting forward. Probably a long shot signing as he'd need a fee and I'm sure other EFL teams have noticed him, but the sort of player who could succeed in SC's system.

5. Jayden Fevrier (Colchester)
20, Again overly optimistic as he'd need a fee but a similar player to Kanu, and someone who ticks the box for what we need. Someone who thrives one on one, can pass or take people on when isolated. Can play as a wing back or further forward - someone who'd get the crowd excited.

I'm sure the last two are optimistic because Fee$, as I say, but if the first three are out of contract/released, they'd add a lot of quality to our broader squad options. All 3 could start in my eyes.

Last edited:
It's time...

Ethan Cardwell was mentioned in another thread and I like when specific names, not just needs, are floated. So who would you like - ideal world - to see us target this summer?

I'll put my money where my mouth is and name 5 I would love - and are semi-realistic - who I think would improve our squad, or have the potential to grow into a key player.

1. Alex Kirk (Arsenal, loan at Bromley this year).
Strong, 21, young, developing CB. It's a gut feeling - I believe he's out of contract at Arsenal this summer and I think he's ready to step into a League Two team (if they retain him, a loan is also fine). We need more young players with potential and if Masterson leaves (gut feeling) we need someone who can play that right side CB position. He can play the ball well and steps up. A developmental signing like Ogie.

2. Joe Pritchard (Accrington)
AML, 27, Out of contract, Southern Roots, quality leader, good on the ball and capable of giving us an option on the left, further forward. Very versatile. Has had some injuries but would add a lot of quality.

3. Anthony Hartigan (Mansfield)
Central Midfielder, out of contract, did well playing at Barnet this year, 24. Good technical player, still lots of potential and I think he can step into L2 and be useful. We lack depth in central midfield and if our wing backs will feature heavily in future play, we need guys in the middle who can handle the game. Solid passer and set pieces too.

4. Idris Kanu (Barnet)
24, Right footed, left wing back or wide player. Good one on one, thrives getting forward. Probably a long shot signing as he'd need a fee and I'm sure other EFL teams have noticed him, but the sort of player who could succeed in SC's system.

5. Jayden Fevrier (Colchester)
20, Again overly optimistic as he'd need a fee but a similar player to Kanu, and someone who ticks the box for what we need. Someone who thrives one on one, can pass or take people on when isolated. Can play as a wing back or further forward - someone who'd get the crowd excited.

I'm sure the last two are optimistic because Fee$, as I say, but if the first three are out of contract/released, they'd add a lot of quality to our broader squad options. All 3 could start in my eyes.

Kanu not unrealistic
Fevrier not realistic.

Power, pace, league 2 aggression and not tippy tappy pass it sideways and backwards players. I don't mind what there names are.

PS - dreaming but I'd love to see Hurtardo back

PS - dreaming but I'd love to see Hurtardo back

Strangely, I think Hurtados injury may mean he’s a bit more realistic target for us next season on loan. He wasn’t much “in the shop window” for other higher clubs to be aware or interested.

Just depends if Watford want their asset to be hacked around the knees by L2 cloggers again. But the pics and videos of him last week looking very happy around our squad bode well 🤞

You are all committing mass fraud by suggesting anyone might be free before the end of their contracts. And how dare you

#WayneKerr

Will Evans would be a significant target in our league. I believe Newport are trying to keep him but he is likely to be a free agent. Which might mean a league one target.

@JoeScout Hey Joe, have you any insight on Ollie Harfield from Aldershot?

LWB for me is an important area next year, to take some of the pressure off of Hutton.