Man's best friend | Page 77 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Wow, having worked hard on the confidence of the eldest (after basic disagreements in the early months behaviour wise), we actually had our first falling out tonight.

It was cold, she wanted to go outside to flump. I was cold and had put the rads on as my fingers went, so wouldn't let her. Cue 30 odd minutes of whining (I tried to ignore and only praise when she shut up, but I was working on a horse racing story at the time, so got a little bit angry).

When she didn't listen to commands, I took her into the hallway and shut the door on her to prove a point.

Total silence for ten minutes, so time to reward her, and then I invited her outside and she was confused. But then gave me a little lick and buggered off.

I don't know if I got this right, but whilst I like her demanding as her confidence has grown (their behaviour suggested youngest was favoured and eldest should stay quiet) I couldn't let ignoring instruction go.

The dumb thing being, if she'd shut up I'd have let her back out anyway as I'd warmed up.

I’m up and surfing the web as I believe it’s called as my mind is just full of thoughts about Drake,re living the drive to the vets in Bridgenorth because I had to go back yesterday to get his ashes. They spelled his name wrong on his casket so that will have to be redone.
I can’t block out the horrible thoughts.
Morning Trek. Saw your post over on Jonah this morning. I was just like you Trek. I couldn't believe how upset I got over a dog. But as we now know they are so much more than just a dog. It went on for a while aswell. But there does come a time when you remember him and want to talk about him and have a good laugh about the times you had together.
We have Lola buried right outside the kitchen window and I think about her most days and have a little chat when doing the garden. The thoughts are all happy now. Just allow it to happen mate and you will get through it.

Morning Trek. Saw your post over on Jonah this morning. I was just like you Trek. I couldn't believe how upset I got over a dog. But as we now know they are so much more than just a dog. It went on for a while aswell. But there does come a time when you remember him and want to talk about him and have a good laugh about the times you had together.
We have Lola buried right outside the kitchen window and I think about her most days and have a little chat when doing the garden. The thoughts are all happy now. Just allow it to happen mate and you will get through it.

17 years on I've never got over losing Rinty and I guess I never will.

What's comforting is looking at old videos of him with me and the kids and how happy he was to have a wonderful 13 years with me and them.

Gone but never forgotten for sure.IMG_20211006_123651628.jpg

My ugly, idiotic, lazy missus wants to get a third dog and she started the conversation to wind me up - as we only got the last two because I made it their decision (kids involved).

I noticed this - I said yes straight away to try and scare her.

I have already worked out the logistics, and she is speaking to the kids tomorrow.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

My ugly, idiotic, lazy missus wants to get a third dog and she started the conversation to wind me up - as we only got the last two because I made it their decision (kids involved).

I noticed this - I said yes straight away to try and scare her.
I have already worked out the logistics, and she is speaking to the kids tomorrow.

What the fuck is wrong with me?
We now have three Shelties, one Cocker and the Springer. It's really great too watch them all interact with each other, especially now the Springer is allowed too be a part of the pack. Initially she was a bit boisterous for one of the Shelties when she was a puppy but they're all good friends now and get on fine. Going to be interesting beginning of March, the kids are going to Crufts at the NEC and us two old uns have got all five too look after.

I was about to say that we might have reached the point where our dogs are beginning to develop issues with bladder and bowel control - we were expecting it with their age, especially overnight, so it doesn't come as a great issue to us as we bought pads and the likes long ago and we are now getting a return on our money.

But I've just heard the Biden dog story again, and apparently he bit 24 of the secret service.

And?

He's a family dog with no stories of violence with the family that I'm aware of, and (ignoring other chats) the line is Biden has no Presidential awareness because his dog protects him in new surroundings?

It just made me giggle, I want that dog, he's my kind of dog - I can't blame the dog, and if any of mine were the same I'd look at the actions of the person they bit.

We are not truly in war time, Biden is not being dragged to the bunker, what did they do to get bit and rile him up that far?

It just really tickles me how even a dog can be political, when I have two pissing in my kitchen and I don't care.

Our eldest had a little bit of energy on the walk and largely jogged my youngest. She then forgot her age and when knackered the stupid fuck tried to sprint to the missus who was at the door and very quickly pulled up with a paw/shoulder issue - I'm assuming tendon tweak or muscle pull.

Ten minutes outside, with a painkiller we finally got her back in and she's felt sorry for herself all night as she's overdone it.

And of course, a couple of good sleeps this evening she's forgotten it will hurt, so moves normally and then it kicks in again.

Daft dumb bugger.

Our eldest had a little bit of energy on the walk and largely jogged my youngest. She then forgot her age and when knackered the stupid fuck tried to sprint to the missus who was at the door and very quickly pulled up with a paw/shoulder issue - I'm assuming tendon tweak or muscle pull.

Ten minutes outside, with a painkiller we finally got her back in and she's felt sorry for herself all night as she's overdone it.

And of course, a couple of good sleeps this evening she's forgotten it will hurt, so moves normally and then it kicks in again.

Daft dumb bugger.
Haha, I see great similarities between your elderly dog and myself. I also suffered a ligament tweek two weeks ago and am currently laid up. Hope she recovers.

Haha, I see great similarities between your elderly dog and myself. I also suffered a ligament tweek two weeks ago and am currently laid up. Hope she recovers.

She's both better and worse today. Second day syndrome on a pull when it's tighter but she's more remembered to slow down, and even though I was open to a very small walk (couple of houses to try and just loosen it up a bit more), she had no interest at all so I just took the youngest out.

I'm perfectly happy it's not a break, or a fracture or even a strain with how she was moving last night (obviously), and with a painkiller in house it'll just be a couple of days of that and building back up slowly.

Comes to us all eh!

Just such a shame though, as I doubt when you did yours you had such a derpy happy face before it went lol

Okay, she's back to normal.

I tried to split with youngest at the shop so we didn't over stretch her again, as she was adamant to come out with us. As I walked off, she pulled my kid in our direction, and when kid grounded her - she moaned like an actress as if she was in pain.

So I came back.

I'm wrapped around her finger lol

But at least the fat fuck is back to normal, I just need to judge getting the extra pent up energy out of her, whilst not walking her too far too quick.

I've also discovered she likes horses. Youngest howled a little and moved on. The eldest locked on like she was ready for a very confused battle.

I've never seen a horse parked outside of our local shop - it's been a fucking strange night.

A genetic mutation makes some Labradors and flat-coated retrievers constantly hungry while burning fewer calories, say scientists.
This "double whammy" effect means dog owners must pay special attention to keeping their pets slim.

:rofl:sounds like my missus, and definitely Rox lol