Managerial merry go round | Page 163 | Vital Football

Managerial merry go round

I've had Friday's match as the least likely of Oxford's 2 games for them to drop points but it will be interesting to see Stevenage's response to this, though for next season they're probably now relegation candidates.
I can see them struggling in both games, I'll be surprised if they get 6 points. Barnsley are the ones still intersting to me, if they lose to Blackpool on Saturday I can easily see two of Oxford, us and Blackpool making the playoffs.

Looks like Rotherham met the compensation clause and off he goes. Not sure it couldn't have waited 10 days but there you go.
I honestly didn't expect Stevenage to get anything at Oxford this Friday but this might now let the players show their good season has been down to them rather than the coaching staff. Might just work in our favour.

Looks like Rotherham met the compensation clause and off he goes. Not sure it couldn't have waited 10 days but there you go.
I honestly didn't expect Stevenage to get anything at Oxford this Friday but this might now let the players show their good season has been down to them rather than the coaching staff. Might just work in our favour.
Apparently the owner and big-boy have remained friends since he was there first time around and occasionally meet for a meal (not a tab I'd want to pick up!).
Clearly the deal was done before the other fella got the bullet.

Looking at the bright side, this may help us as Oxford will set up for the Stevenage team they expect to play. The Caretaker manager (Alex Revell) at Stevenage may want to try something his way as he may want the job full time.

We will find out on Friday, but this may well be a blessing.

anyone who saw the crawley squad's reaction to evans leaving would not necessarily be expecting a downturn in performance on friday. in relief there could be a brazil-like 'up yours steve' effort on the way. here's hoping.

Might this explain why their form has dropped off?
Has he been touting himself for another job?
Odious fat......

Last edited:
Boreham Wood followed that win with a 3-0 away win at Aldershot and a 0-0 draw away to Rochdale.

1 point adrift of safety with one game left and playing at home to Ebbsfleet who are two places and two points above them, so if they win, they are safe.

The incredible escape is still on. Will Luke Garrard get offered an extension if he keeps them up?
Just missed out. A 0-0 draw means they got relegated one point shy of safety.

Seriously?!?! Come on now. I get they’re in poor form but they’re 5th in the league.

Let’s face it, we all would have liked Collins to be in charge on Saturday, they have zero momentum and whoever gets them in the play offs (if they make it) have a fairly easy route to the final.

This change might give them the bounce they need.