Macauley Bonne | Vital Football

Macauley Bonne

Yes (until end of June, I believe).
Unknown.

Bonne has ability, he came to us miles from match fit and instantly blotted his copybook with that car fiasco, but he's nowhere near as abject a striker as some people would have you believe. That said, it's probably best he moves on once his contract expires at the end of June.

Before Andrews came in I genuinely think he was our best striker in terms of ability. If we get some creativity and more importantly pace into the side, I see no reason why he can't score 10-15 goals next season.

Saying that, I absolutely do not want to rest our hopes on him and think we should definitely look at other, more prolific targets.

Mark Bonner spoke about pace .Bonne is not quick nor was Mahoney I would expect them both to be gone .
Bonner's team was solid defensively then broke quickly. His players have scored goals.I can't see him trying to retain a player who even in his best form for us was slow and created very little for himself or others .Time to move on.
Bonne had a terrible start at Gillingham that seriously divided fans and I am guessing players.We need players who will provide energy enthusiasm and ability.They also need to help motivate other around them .
I saw very little of that from Bonne .