Good Luck To Lincoln United | Vital Football

Good Luck To Lincoln United

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
LU also in action at home Saturday in FA Vase quarter finals
Lincoln U have sold 300 tickets for the Vase game which is double their normal attendance. I think if we hadn’t been taking 2k away they might have pushed 4 figures but hopefully will get over 500

Local ups and downs to keep our eyes on:

Grantham very much in danger of relegation from the NPL East Div, just two years (I think) after relegation from the Prem Div

Spalding in a two horse race for top of NPL Mids, though probably second favourites

Stamford possible (just) for play-offs in Southern Prem Central

Lincoln United in 2/3 horse race for top of United Counties League Prem, aiming to get back to NPL

LU also in action at home Saturday in FA Vase quarter finals
I'm there tomorrow for the quarter final, 7 years on from our one in the fa cup.

Lincoln U have sold 300 tickets for the Vase game which is double their normal attendance. I think if we hadn’t been taking 2k away they might have pushed 4 figures but hopefully will get over 500
In an article in last week's NLP, their Chairman is quoted as hoping for 1000, and noted the Imps are away, but "time will tell", he said

I think this requires a thread of its own because it has nothing to do with the thread it has ended up in...

Going to Barnsley tomorrow but did see United at Huddersfield when they made the cup 1st round. Hopefully a positive result and a chance to see them in the semis

On penalties again, after the match ended 1-1

Have realised we watched their opponents, Deal Town inthe semi-final at Newcastle Town in 2000 -Played on a Sunday afternoon- Deal won and went on to win the final.

What an afternoon!
They dug so deep to get through
Deal turned up in massive numbers, at least 400.
Plenty of Imps there too, lending their support to the Whites like me!
The goal from McMenemy was an amazing strike.
The two leg semi finals are March 30th and April 6th
The club are saying 887 there but the fa site say 922, odd

Edit : Attendance now confirmed as 922, 6 times their regular crowd.

Last edited:
It would be nice if we could fill the ground for the home leg, no idea what the capacity is nowadays.

I wonder whether they would consider playing it at SB to boost the gate? It would intimidate the opposition too,

We played the crows in a junior cup final when I managed the steamhammer. We had over 900 there that night. Even the echo write up was shocked by our attendance

It would be nice if we could fill the ground for the home leg, no idea what the capacity is nowadays.

I wonder whether they would consider playing it at SB to boost the gate? It would intimidate the opposition too,
If playing Worcester will be interesting how would manage the crowd.
My recollection of Imps pre-season and playing Cambridge in FA Cup was about 1300-1400?
I know in the FA Cup you can’t switch grounds like used to do.

According the programme I purchased yesterday (yes they made an actual programme for the big day not the online one they usually do) , the capacity is 2714 with 400 seats, not sure how you get that many in, you'd have to stand several deep round the perimeter.

If playing Worcester will be interesting how would manage the crowd.
My recollection of Imps pre-season and playing Cambridge in FA Cup was about 1300-1400?
I know in the FA Cup you can’t switch grounds like used to do.
The pre-season attendance v City was about that. The gate for the Cambridge FA cup game was 684.

What an afternoon!
They dug so deep to get through
Deal turned up in massive numbers, at least 400.
Plenty of Imps there too, lending their support to the Whites like me!
The goal from McMenemy was an amazing strike.
The two leg semi finals are March 30th and April 6th
The club are saying 887 there but the fa site say 922, odd
Now confirmed at 922.