Gillingham target Maher | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gillingham target Maher

Nah don’t bother me,
Personally go for Ainsworth,
Think he took Wycombe to the League Two play-off final.
Had automatic promotion back to the third tier in think it was 2018,
League One play-off final to reach the Championship was it Oxford
Was manager for huge number of games at Wycombe,guess points per game was quite high.
Yup QPR was not a success for whatever reason
Not sure how long been out of management or whether was interviewed last time,

Scruffy looking like Clem lol

I ama tad worried that any new manager may find it difficult working with the DOF and Hessy looking over his shoulder while he works and, at the same time introducing new players they have recruited who the manager may never even have heard of.

Looks to me that it could cause a load of porblems down the line, especially if he decide not to use said player.

I'm puzzled by the many people talking about an experienced, successful lower league manager. I'm not aware of many that fit the description. Any offers?
Be pleased with any of these:
Paul Cook (Chesterfield)
Gareth Ainsworth (ex QPR)
ish: Keith Lindsay (Crawley)

Surprised with one of these:
ishyish: Nigel Clough (Mansfield)
Jon Brady (Northampton)

Sorry Kevin but completely underwhelming if true,not sure but read somewhere he has just signed long term contract,maybe to ward off Gills or get huge payout,this is our opportunity don’t loose it again
Nothing wrong with being underwhelmed, Ian. Your view is as valid as anyone else`s. I don`t feel excited about the prospect of Maher as our new manager/head coach - so am also underwhelmed, and I don`t feel bad about saying so on a forum like this. Ideally, i`d prefer a manager who has L2/L1 experience and has coached/overseen management of a promoted team from L2 to L1.

My only caveat is that should GFC appoint Mr Maher, I would support him and cheer him at every game I attend.

With all the problems Southend have had Maher has done a incredible job. Weather that transfers to league two remains to be seen .He might see Southend as a better bet for promotion. Especially if he has limited room in the budget for new players.Gills could of course be fishing while waiting for another target to come into the frame?
If we want Scott Lindsey we would definitely wait a week or two and a half before maybe making a approach?
Meanwhile asking to speak to others would make sense.

Maybe not the man some people want but for me Maher has done an amazing job
They had a 10 point deduction sometimes with as few as three subs they just missed the playoffs and in the background possibly being wound up at any moment