General Football thread | Page 523 | Vital Football

General Football thread

im not saying he isnt decent and prob a step up from Nuno, but i just don't understand the reputation he has. regular press talk how Munich, Utd, Chelsea etc.. are chasing him. i very much doubt those clubs have any interest in him, and maybe West ham is his level. I appreciate all the above i likely just his agent doing his job.

It would be hilarious if we told him that he could only set foot in the ground if he publicly apologised. While I wish the whole issue could just be put to bed, Neville deserves a slap…
im not sure i disagreed with the things neville said, who didnt say the owner acted like a gangster? lol

He was the ex Wolves manager I hoped we were getting when Cooper went

I had heard him doing an in depth interview on 5 live and he came across as very impressive
nuno seemd to have a better C.V tbf and wolves havent done any worse without lopetegi have they? does that mean we should sign Oneil?

nuno seemd to have a better C.V tbf and wolves havent done any worse without lopetegi have they? does that mean we should sign Oneil?
it is not always clear is it. Is it the manager or the club or the balance of the two.

I live in Texas right now for a year, but i live in Brighton and have done so for 20 years now. having watched the club grow from playing on the University pitch to the Amex which was just by my house, they have got so much right and the city are right behind them.

They have had some decent managers, but I am not sure about Potter away from Brighton, and I would reserve judgment on De Zerbi until he proves himselve elsewhere also.

So O'Neill has done really well given he is still a new manager, but sometimes certain clubs and managers work well, (Bournemouth and Howe etc.)

You would certainly look at O'Neill and think he is worth hiring, but he could easily fall flat somewhere else.

it is not always clear is it. Is it the manager or the club or the balance of the two.

I live in Texas right now for a year, but i live in Brighton and have done so for 20 years now. having watched the club grow from playing on the University pitch to the Amex which was just by my house, they have got so much right and the city are right behind them.

They have had some decent managers, but I am not sure about Potter away from Brighton, and I would reserve judgment on De Zerbi until he proves himselve elsewhere also.

So O'Neill has done really well given he is still a new manager, but sometimes certain clubs and managers work well, (Bournemouth and Howe etc.)

You would certainly look at O'Neill and think he is worth hiring, but he could easily fall flat somewhere else.
I think it's the type of job as well.

O'Neil is fantastic for a club whose first port of call is staying clear of relegation. He won't win every week but he will win regularly enough that you are never threatened. He'll get you to comfortable mid table. Potter was the same; in a good season he could win enough to be upper mid table with the right team behind him.

The test is when they are required to have higher targets; when they have to win most weeks. That's a totally different ball game; you go from people not noticing when you lose but very much noticing when you win, to the other way around; no one really cares when you win, but when you lose it's a story.

Potter came undone very quickly when he couldn't lose a game anymore without everyone making a big thing of it. What would O'Neil be like if Wolves set him the target of getting into Europe? He would need to win at least 2/3 of his games for that. It would be interesting to see if he could do it

sure, tho im sure coincidentally that oneil did well at burmuff.. and howe has done well at newcastle so in their cases they are proven at several :)

In the last ten years I've only been to Germany, USA, Dubai, and various far east country's.
Passed through a few, like France, but got the fuck out sharpish as it reminded me of Bangladesh from the 90s.
Germany, stands to reason, excellent beer.
Dubai, passable, can find what you want if you look hard enough.
America, nuff said.
Far East, some decent enough, but again can find if look hard enough, or cheap enough to import.
Chang is probably a good enough substitute.
France reminded you of 1990s Bangladesh! Where the fuck did you go?

France is an amazing Country.

Can't say I have had the pleasure of Bangladesh, but it must be pretty good if they have Cities to rival Bordeaux, Lyon, Toulouse and Nice.

I defy anyone to see a worse fullback performance than Man Utd today.

4-0 down to Palace and their fullbacks have been MIA throughout. Three of Palace's goals have come from vast empty space on the flanks

France reminded you of 1990s Bangladesh! Where the fuck did you go?

France is an amazing Country.

Can't say I have had the pleasure of Bangladesh, but it must be pretty good if they have Cities to rival Bordeaux, Lyon, Toulouse and Nice.
Paris.

I've been told rural France is/was nice, but Paris is fallen.