F@@@ The Disabled | Page 45 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

Not in my area you can't. My eldest son is registered disabled and gets a full 12 points on the mobility section of Pips for mental health issues yet he was refused point blank for a blue badge by our county council.

When was this Fulford? He shouldn't have been. I'll find you the doc on it and you can slap that in front of them with his award paper

When was this Fulford? He shouldn't have been. I'll find you the doc on it and you can slap that in front of them with his award paper

This was last year. They refused it on the basis that he didn't have physical mobility issues.

There's a guy by me who is a fairly well known YouTuber. His video's show him walking around for miles filming yet in one of his videos it shows him having a blue badge, which you can only get if you can walk for a very small distance without pain. How they haven't picked up on this I don't know.

As Kef answers mate, it really isn't that black and white. A blue badge is not solely a mobility issue.

Not in my area you can't. My eldest son is registered disabled and gets a full 12 points on the mobility section of Pips for mental health issues yet he was refused point blank for a blue badge by our county council.
Slap the above in front of them. Some idiot doesn't know their job

I was about to reply again, but you phrased my response far more politely.

Fulford, I would add you need to read 'idiot' as clueless Capita/Atos wankers who deny, deny, deny and we are onto Council workers (many in my experience have never passed their GCSE's).

Appeal mate, it's not area specific, it's the unwritten 'file 13' in the official handbook that is law.

PM if you want help.

I was about to reply again, but you phrased my response far more politely.

Fulford, I would add you need to read 'idiot' as clueless Capita/Atos wankers who deny, deny, deny and we are onto Council workers (many in my experience have never passed their GCSE's).

Appeal mate, it's not area specific, it's the unwritten 'file 13' in the official handbook that is law.

PM if you want help.

You have probably gone past appeal time. So apply again with a copy of that descriptor enclosed with a letter explaining, is what I would do.

DONT let them get away with it. Also get a supporting letter from your Dr. They are taken into account. I know one person whose was overturned on appeal with a Dr letter.

You have probably gone past appeal time. So apply again with a copy of that descriptor enclosed with a letter explaining, is what I would do.

DONT let them get away with it. Also get a supporting letter from your Dr. They are taken into account. I know one person whose was overturned on appeal with a Dr letter.

He's been granted the full 12 points, it's just the council that have turned him down for a blue badge.

I'm just in the process of applying again and it does say this time that he id eligible for one.

He's been granted the full 12 points, it's just the council that have turned him down for a blue badge.

I'm just in the process of applying again and it does say this time that he id eligible for one.

Someone fouled up last time. You should be able to do it online and upload the documents. Let us know when you get it

The UK government declined to attend a UN review of its treatment of disabled people after an inquiry warned of "grave" violations of their rights.
A 2016 report by a UN committee found welfare reforms had "adversely" affected disabled people in the UK.

:whist:

Massive minority that is treated very badly and usually scapegoated in the press as scroungers.

Got to say Aston Villa are just as bad, have been for years, despite being pushed and pushed. Terrible facilities and lack of giving a damn.

Yes, I had that. Most 'famously' at Wigan away where one of the (lovely) old rogues came up to me, ask me how I was, what was up, just said the steward is stopping me go in the disabled loo (I had the correct key) so he started and others joined in, ended up a song about Fear needing a piss.... So the steward let me in, but I was so wound up by then, I got stage fright!

Part of me thinks it is good when someone questions, in as much as they are thinking they are defending disabled people who need the facilities, other part makes me think it is just awkward having to justify yourself and get into such conversations.

To be fair, no one would question me now, I look how they sort of need me to... But then, I never used the facilities in the past, radar key or not, when I didn't need to.

Well I applied for a blue badge for my son and yet again it got rejected. I applied for it under the hidden disability procedure and according to the stupid council he has 12 points and the rule is he needs 10 not 12 to get one. I appealed the decision on the basis of he has extreme anxiety and within 5 minutes it got rejected again.

Well I applied for a blue badge for my son and yet again it got rejected. I applied for it under the hidden disability procedure and according to the stupid council he has 12 points and the rule is he needs 10 not 12 to get one. I appealed the decision on the basis of he has extreme anxiety and within 5 minutes it got rejected again.

I would get a letter from your Dr's saying he needs one and why. That would be enough to get you a badge.

Your local council sounds bonkers! 12 points is more than 10 so he needs it more. Are they morons there? Yes I know the answer to that

I would get a letter from your Dr's saying he needs one and why. That would be enough to get you a badge.

Your local council sounds bonkers! 12 points is more than 10 so he needs it more. Are they morons there? Yes I know the answer to that

Yes, you're correct they are a complete bunch of morons.

I've told him to book an appointment with his doctor asap.

May I humbly suggest a full complaint with requested compensation given the waste of your costs and time, not least the additional mental anguish for the kid at being rejected - with the associated thoughts that they aren't worthy, must be lying, have been judged....

You get where I'm going!