England v Malta: Score Predictions & Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

England v Malta: Score Predictions & Match Thread

Could have had a penalty for a foul on Rashford, which was given as a foul the other way...

Well that was very poor by England we missed Jude big time tonight The mighty imps would have beaten them tonight lol

Well, I was there and didn't think much to our performance which was lazy, sideways/backwards/sideways for most of the time. The ref was dire - 1) it WAS a penalty, there's no way on Earth that Kane dived (nor would he), 2) Rice's goal was a beauty and if VAR suggests that Kane was in an offside position (he was, but not interfering) and there's no way he was in the keeper's line of sight.
Two big blunders by the ref won't mask the poor performance though.

Well, I was there and didn't think much to our performance which was lazy, sideways/backwards/sideways for most of the time. The ref was dire - 1) it WAS a penalty, there's no way on Earth that Kane dived (nor would he), 2) Rice's goal was a beauty and if VAR suggests that Kane was in an offside position (he was, but not interfering) and there's no way he was in the keeper's line of sight.
Two big blunders by the ref won't mask the poor performance though.
I never get the sideways/ backwards stuff in a game like this. There were several instances where Walker had clear space in front if him and he stopped and sideways or back passed. I understand possession and protecting leads etc but in this game, surely not. Occasionally been frustrated at the Bank when this style develops. Dreadful entertainment!