Boxing thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

UFC is way better because the best always fight the best. If someone ducks fights or plays a game then Dana just gets rid of them. The best always fight the best. The top 5 always fight each other.

In boxing we are waiting years on end just for one fight that may or may not happen.

And no one quits!

Joshua signed to fight Ngannou, boxing really is the fucking shits man. This will be a very easy fight for Joshua for sure. Ngannou is fucking terrible.

I loved watching Beterbiev destroy Callum Smith last night, it's a shame the fight wasn't allowed to go on after the second knock down. I love seeing British hype job Eddie Hearn fighters getting annihilated.

I will say this. Smith was always incredibly overrated when he came up as an undefeated 'prospect'. For someone so tall at the weight he isn't half world class at negating his height and reach to fight a smaller mans fight at the mid range. It's so weird.

Beterbiev is an absolute freak of nature, the only fighter in the sport with a 100% KO ratio. A lot of shots don't even look hard but hurt his opponents. He's pound for pound the heaviest handed puncher in the sport.

Fury vs Usyk, you guessed it, is off.

Sources say that it's due to a deep gash in between his legs, fucking joke for a fighter.

I've just seen the cut.

The smoothest, cleanest cut I have ever seen in my life.

Looks very suspicious.

I have lost all interest in boxing. Stupid sport.
He's bottling it. Second time it has been postponed now. I'm fairly certain he knows he's over the hill and he is probably looking like utter dog shit in training. He thinks he needs more time but he's finished.

My hero in boxing and I'm still disappointed that I never went to Vegas to see Lennox fight but having two children growing up meant I couldn't afford both!

I think if he hit me with one of his power shots it would have split me in two:grinning:

Last edited:
My hero in boxing and I'm still disappointed that I never went to Vegas to see Lennox fight but having two children growing up meant I couldn't afford both!

I think if he hit me with one of his power shots it would have split me in two:grinning:

Lewis was a beast. I would have loved to see him fight prime Tyson.

Put Lewis into this era and he would be untouchable.
Put Tyson into this era we would be seeing some in ring deaths.

As I said Joshua demolishes this UFC fighter. This shows why these fights are dangerous, Nganou could by brain damaged by that beating. Oh and what a fucking pathetic clown Fury is for going life and death with this guy.

Lewis is the best heavyweight I've seen. Amazing jab, amazing ring craft and devastating power in both hands.
But Francis Ngannou has had two previous boxing matches and lost both of them, I really don't see this as anything more than a money making fight giving credibility to the monarch and government of Saudi Arabia.

Joshua earned £30mill for that fight, bit like Henderson sold his soul to go over there.....

Bore off .

Hearn thinks Joshua is the baddest and best on the planet. Apart from the bloke who handed his arse to him twice of course.

Joke division.

But Francis Ngannou has had two previous boxing matches and lost both of them, I really don't see this as anything more than a money making fight giving credibility to the monarch and government of Saudi Arabia.

Joshua earned £30mill for that fight, bit like Henderson sold his soul to go over there.....

That is the thing isn't it. I think it is a circus, as MD says, joke, and it used to be THE event in the world of sport really, certainly right up there with a few others.

But with Joshua's career now coming close to ending, can anyone blame him taking such a pay day? It is selling out, it isn't purist, but this morning, there is another £30m in his bank account and I guess we forget, an awful lot of boxers come from nothing. AND it is a job.

Pathetic that such events attract so much money and attention though!

Do have to say I loved seeing Ngannou getting knocked out cold and left lifeless on the canvas. This is precisely what deserves to happen to any UFC fighter who thinks they can step in the ring against a world level boxer.

Boxing is that corrupt... That this theory doesn't sound like such a conspiracy. But....

If Fury fought AJ 6 months ago. No one would be interested. The thought among most was the AJ is finished and Fury would dominate. Would not be the biggest ever fight.

Now. We have AJ on a win streak and just cleaning out spark clean the man who went the distance with Fury and some say won.

We now have the AJ Vs Fury debate back on. It now looks competitive. It now could be the biggest fight ever to be made.

And I would agree with this theory. Until I saw that knock out. Not enough money in the world for me to be hit like that.

But I think there is something in this.

I think Ngannou was there to win, but he can’t box, he wasn’t paid to take a dive, he was just fed to the wolves really. They knew Joshua wasn’t there to tickle him over the distance but instead to do a demolition job, making Joshua look “great” in the process. It’s part of the long con as you describe.

The issue right now though is that Fury v Joshua has no purpose, there’s nothing at stake. So if Usyk suddenly looks terrible and performs really badly against Fury then you would be suspicious that he has been paid to take a dive in order to give Fury the titles to take to a fight with Joshua.

We will keep having these mismatches until someone dies in the ring. I see the latest one to happen will be Mike Tyson v some YouTuber. It's only a matter of time before someone loses their life in one of these stupid fights.

Ryan Garcia going deep this weekend.

Not sure if you will see it as a conspiracy or the truth. But worth a look.

Im not linking for obvious reasons but definitely worth a look.