Andy Holt (Accrington Stanley) | Vital Football

Andy Holt (Accrington Stanley)

Accrington Chairman Andy Holt has put the Club up for sale.

Sounds like Coleman and his assistant asked for new contracts in the summer with one year remaining on them but Holt told them to prove they deserve one (the Chairman disappointed with their recruitment last season (45 players!) but felt they had enough credit in the bank to see the season out to try and survive).

Their assistant, and possibly manager at another point, have now decided to do a media interview with BBC Lancashire to effectively try and force a new deal (off the back of three straight defeats!), which has gone down like a lead balloon as you can imagine.

Accrington Chairman Andy Holt has put the Club up for sale.

Sounds like Coleman and his assistant asked for new contracts in the summer with one year remaining on them but Holt told them to prove they deserve one (the Chairman disappointed with their recruitment last season (45 players!) but felt they had enough credit in the bank to see the season out to try and survive).

Their assistant, and possibly manager at another point, have now decided to do a media interview with BBC Lancashire to effectively try and force a new deal (off the back of three straight defeats!), which has gone down like a lead balloon as you can imagine.
The Chairman has done a great job there improving the stadium and running the club. Not afraid to challenge the EFL and other football hierarchy

At the start of last season, I wrote, "...at least Accrington will never be relegated with Coleman in charge."

That proved disastrously wrong for them, and I am sure Andy Holt was as surprised as everyone else.

Perhaps Mr Coleman is becoming less effective at 61.

Coleman seems to have lost his edge. He always used to come across aggressive and full of fighting talk but know he seems resigned to being mediocre. Last year on the touchline in games against us he was very passive, it was his assistant doing the rallying calls while Coleman just sat and watched, most unlike him.

10 points from 12 in October and a 5-3 EFL Cup win t'boot.

Currently sit 7th (last play-off place) 3 points of automatic promotion and 6 points off top.

Coleman isn't doing too bad for a 61 year old.

"When we got relegated last season the first thing our managers said was 'give us a new contract or sack us'.

"There was no way their performance deserved anything but the sack. But their past with the club got them a 'get out of jail free card'. Had they buckled down and proved they still had the hunger and desire to rebuild the club, I would discuss new contracts. Instead, after a few wins, they went to the media. They tried to use fans to pressure me, which was a mistake."

One of the very few to hold EPL's feet to the fire publicly. Accrington will probably soon be learning how much he did for them, such a shame...