US Politics Thread | Page 795 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Stormy Daniel’s testifying in Trump’s trial…

Apparently she reminded Trump of his daughter. Nothing weird about that. Nothing at all.

Great legs as a baby clearly.

I'm actually trying to ignore this one, but has Trump yet explained why 'IF' it never happened he paid Cohen, after Cohen had paid her, despite the Enquirer buying the rights to the story?

Choosing this thread as it’s in the US and no doubt political, I see a second Boeing Whistleblower has died this year.

Are these deaths naturals causes and this is just a coincidence, or have Boeing and/or the US government turned into Putin?

If it’s the latter, then perhaps the west isn’t so democratic and about “free speech” as we think.
It's incredibly suspect, one (62) is a self-inflicted gunshot i.e. suicide and the second (45) was an infection that advanced quickly and killed him. It's probably just a wild coincidence because there are 10 more whistleblowers they'll need to get on with it. Why bother risking it if there are that many but perhaps they didn't know?

I don't think BB outright said it but alluded to the fact the US has an authoritarian streak in them.

The question probably isn't have they turned into a police state / authoritarian regime? It might not even be a "when" question. It's probably why didn't we all see this decades ago or how has it advanced to the point where it's an open secret.

Just to waffle on about it, its probably fair to say it always has been. The red scare, the rounding up of asian american's at the time of WWII and the cold war gave them ample reason to strip people of their rights. Thats ignoring the racism and apartheid state aspects that went on into the 60s. They have the largest official prison population in the world and they put a lot of those people to work. 9/11, the war on drugs and the war on terror gave them new reasons to suspect everyone. New ways to subjugate any dissent and massive budgets to make it happen.

What is by design and what is the accumulation of fear, scaremongering, and unintended consequences? Incredibly hard to know when you have one side of the Aisle saying things like this:

“We are devolving into a democracy, because congressmen and senators are elected by the same pool,” was how one GOP delegate put it to the convention. “We do not want to be a democracy.”

We don’t? There are debates about how complete of a democracy we wish to be; for example, the state Democratic Party platform has called for the direct election of the president (doing away with the Electoral College). But curtailing our own vote? The GOPers said they hoped states’ rights would be strengthened with such a move.

My biggest fear living here is some sort of false flag or even a real threat or emergency which would cause the Democrats to make an emotional decision out of fear which gives the GOP powers the Democrats won't or don;t know how to take back. The consolidation of power into party hands, into a smaller group, into a group the GOP can prepare themselves to own.

Its the biggest difference between the two parties. And as the GOP slowly dies as it is doing right now they will become more dangerous, more aggressive and more hungry for power. Their base is dying, literally dying, and where it isn't dying its being eroded ever so slightly, little by little. Old white people and white folks in general are their base. They're almost filibusting voting tho in the sense that they know how to target the weak edges but over time it won't be enough, their base is dying faster than they can get new support. Thats where this new desperation comes from.

Last edited:
It's incredibly suspect, one (62) is a self-inflicted gunshot i.e. suicide and the second (45) was an infection that advanced quickly and killed him. It's probably just a wild coincidence because there are 10 more whistleblowers they'll need to get on with it. Why bother risking it if there are that many but perhaps they didn't know?

I don't think BB outright said it but alluded to the fact the US has an authoritarian streak in them.

The question probably isn't have they turned into a police state / authoritarian regime? It might not even be a "when" question. It's probably why didn't we all see this decades ago or how has it advanced to the point where it's an open secret.

Just to waffle on about it, its probably fair to say it always has been. The red scare, the rounding up of asian american's at the time of WWII and the cold war gave them ample reason to strip people of their rights. Thats ignoring the racism and apartheid state aspects that went on into the 60s. They have the largest official prison population in the world and they put a lot of those people to work. 9/11, the war on drugs and the war on terror gave them new reasons to suspect everyone. New ways to subjugate any dissent and massive budgets to make it happen.

What is by design and what is the accumulation of fear, scaremongering, and unintended consequences? Incredibly hard to know when you have one side of the Aisle saying things like this:

“We are devolving into a democracy, because congressmen and senators are elected by the same pool,” was how one GOP delegate put it to the convention. “We do not want to be a democracy.”

We don’t? There are debates about how complete of a democracy we wish to be; for example, the state Democratic Party platform has called for the direct election of the president (doing away with the Electoral College). But curtailing our own vote? The GOPers said they hoped states’ rights would be strengthened with such a move.

My biggest fear living here is some sort of false flag or even a real threat or emergency which would cause the Democrats to make an emotional decision out of fear which gives the GOP powers the Democrats won't or don;t know how to take back. The consolidation of power into party hands, into a smaller group, into a group the GOP can prepare themselves to own.

Its the biggest difference between the two parties. And as the GOP slowly dies as it is doing right now they will become more dangerous, more aggressive and more hungry for power. Their base is dying, literally dying, and where it isn't dying its being eroded ever so slightly, little by little. Old white people and white folks in general are their base. They're almost filibusting voting tho in the sense that they know how to target the weak edges but over time it won't be enough, their base is dying faster than they can get new support. Thats where this new desperation comes from.

If you look at how The Patriot Act was passed, you can see that there is another power behind the facade of American democracy.

Gay marriage, abortion rights, transgender issues, that stuff is all perfectly fine for Americans to debate and pass laws about.

Foreign policy is absolutely off limits. Military budgets are not up for debate. The power of the CIA is never discussed.

To a large degree, this is true for every country. Britain is certainly no exception. I guess the difference is that in Britain it's an open secret (the Establishment and all that) where as America pretends to be a country striving to achieve a perfect democracy.

If you look at how The Patriot Act was passed, you can see that there is another power behind the facade of American democracy.

Gay marriage, abortion rights, transgender issues, that stuff is all perfectly fine for Americans to debate and pass laws about.

Foreign policy is absolutely off limits. Military budgets are not up for debate. The power of the CIA is never discussed.

To a large degree, this is true for every country. Britain is certainly no exception. I guess the difference is that in Britain it's an open secret (the Establishment and all that) where as America pretends to be a country striving to achieve a perfect democracy.
That was another thing I wanted to add, behind the president and other elected officials is a system. To a degree the person in office doesn't matter because America keeps on America-an-ing. Trump is the first time where that might change because of the bit I mentioned about Republicans. They know the jig is up because who else can they put forward as a president? They have nobody. 4 more years of Biden could crush them.

To go back to the system, you have constants and the Courts is one of them and it is now controlled by Republicans. The courts are proof of what I say about Republicans. They play a different game than the Democrats who boringly abide by gentlemanly conduct instead of the ruthlessness of the Republicans.

The Republicans are very aggressive and they're getting desperate now. A Trump presidency is the first that threatens to dismantle the facade of democracy. I think they have a 5-10 window before they have to reform and become the ultra-liberal party. Starting a new cycle.

That was another thing I wanted to add, behind the president and other elected officials is a system. To a degree the person in office doesn't matter because America keeps on America-an-ing. Trump is the first time where that might change because of the bit I mentioned about Republicans. They know the jig is up because who else can they put forward as a president? They have nobody. 4 more years of Biden could crush them.

To go back to the system, you have constants and the Courts is one of them and it is now controlled by Republicans. The courts are proof of what I say about Republicans. They play a different game than the Democrats who boringly abide by gentlemanly conduct instead of the ruthlessness of the Republicans.

The Republicans are very aggressive and they're getting desperate now. A Trump presidency is the first that threatens to dismantle the facade of democracy. I think they have a 5-10 window before they have to reform and become the ultra-liberal party. Starting a new cycle.

Yes, political parties always claim that their opposition is dying and they are going to take over the world because they are morally virtuous.

It's the nature of the beast to shape shift as necessary to win votes.

Somehow, Bojo's Tories were the party of the Northern working class. Lol

Yes, political parties always claim that their opposition is dying and they are going to take over the world because they are morally virtuous.
It's already happened in the states, the democrats and republicans flipped in the 60s. The democrats are no saints we need only look at the voting for anything Israel. Its hard to see how they can maintain these policies without this concerted effort disenfranchise the young, the poors and non-white people.

Is Trump actually going to prison?

I see him and his sleazy son have been trying to rally the Proud Boys. I don't know how well that will work since most of them are still in prison for the last thing they did for Trump.

If Trump goes to prison and The Proud Boys kick off, I can't imagine America will go easy on them like last time.