Travel Thread 2023 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Travel Thread 2023

I'm on school holidays now. So off to rural Thailand for a holiday. Get away from the city smoke and non stop traffic and chill the hell out.

Looking at Chico's gorgeous photos has reminded me that I need a holiday.

Has anyone been to Sri Lanka?
Haha, with the bleak world, I think we all need a holiday...

I went to Sri Lanka a few years ago - my usual backpacking style

Went to Colombo - Train to Kandy (Culture) - Train to Haputale (Tea plantations etc) 2 Day Trek into the mountains and Hill villages in central Sri Lanka- Train to Ella (stunning train journey)
Tour to a Safari to see Elephants in the world (Yala National Park)

Hired a Tuk Tuk to self drive over 5 Days along the South coast to Tangalle, Mirissa, Unawatuna and Galle (Brilliant experience driving the Tuk Tuk!)

Heres my album from the trip https://www.flickr.com/photos/chicovilla/albums/72157667908434066

Highly recommend it, Great food, stunning scenery and welcoming people.....

Went to Colombo - Train to Kandy (Culture) - Train to Haputale (Tea plantations etc) 2 Day Trek into the mountains and Hill villages in central Sri Lanka- Train to Ella (stunning train journey)

Hired a Tuk Tuk to self drive over 5 Days along the South coast to Tangalle, Mirissa, Unawatuna and Galle (Brilliant experience driving the Tuk Tuk!)

Heres my album from the trip https://www.flickr.com/photos/chicovilla/albums/72157667908434066

What's the story with Delhi Belly?

We used to do those kinds of holidays. Bouncing around, checking things out. Then we had kids and the holidays needed more preparation and hotels that were at least guaranteed to be clean.

I'm probably too old for that kind of thing now. Definitely too old to put up with my three women moaning nonstop about the lack of air con.

Maybe I should just go on holiday by myself! :D

We used to do those kinds of holidays. Bouncing around, checking things out. Then we had kids and the holidays needed more preparation and hotels that were at least guaranteed to be clean.

I'm probably too old for that kind of thing now. Definitely too old to put up with my three women moaning nonstop about the lack of air con.

Maybe I should just go on holiday by myself! :D
I'm 51 and its still my style, minus the kids, but looking back at 12 year old me, I think i'd have love an adventure back then...or as you say go solo! :thumbup:

Anyway, Sri Lanka is a great destination, and I'm sure they cater for all levels of travel. I've heard they even have air con too!

Been away in Budapest this last few days. Highly recommend it as a city break. Lots to see, good food, beers relatively cheap and getting around the city is easy enough. The women are beautiful and very friendly for any singletons. Really loved it.

Been away in Budapest this last few days. Highly recommend it as a city break. Lots to see, good food, beers relatively cheap and getting around the city is easy enough. The women are beautiful and very friendly for any singletons. Really loved it.
I've been a couple of times, and it's a beautiful city isn't it? Both times I've been it's been shit weather, heavy snow the first time, and 48 hours of continuous rain the second time. Will have to try again sometime to see some sun there!

We were discussing booking a holiday for next year and I was asking the family for suggestions. My eldest son said Pattaya, I nearly choked.
Jesus Christ. Likes his Thai girls hey? Lol. Pattaya is a very dangerous place. It's basically the mermaids on the rocks. Get sucked in by a beautiful bar/Gogo girl and your life could be over.

Unless you are very head strong it has the potential to bankrupt you.

Or you could go there and have the best holiday you've ever thought possible. Lol

Throw of a dice.

Jesus Christ. Likes his Thai girls hey? Lol. Pattaya is a very dangerous place. It's basically the mermaids on the rocks. Get sucked in by a beautiful bar/Gogo girl and your life could be over.

Unless you are very head strong it has the potential to bankrupt you.

Or you could go there and have the best holiday you've ever thought possible. Lol

Throw of a dice.

I don't think my wife would be impressed going there lol. I have a thing for Asian girls.

That's the Sphere Vegas ticked off and U2 again. What a weekend that was and an incredible venue . Vegas was a bit churned up by all the F1 prep works going on though.