The Politics Thread | Page 769 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Not disagreeing as such here, but are you really telling me that the person that has sole control over all things police, that reflects upon him personally doesn't sit down with the head of the Met and tell him where he wants an emphasis placed on current policing enforcement in the Capitol. He also has great input into the appointing and sacking of the head of the Met. As such he is fairly influential in policing in London, not just in violent crime, but things like demonstrations, of which there seems to be a never ending procession of them.

Yes, because he doesn't have control, it's a fallacy. The whole Mayor system is.

He has no experience, or knowledge, or wherewithall to dictate what, how, where the Police do.

He has a false liberty to control their budget based on the overall budget, which is based on the budget he is handed as a pointless pleb and irrelevant cog in a bloated Government system looking for extra levels to blame for their own failures.

I'm sure he sits down with the Cop top brass, barely understands anything, trots out crap the Cop knows is crap - no different from the PM meeting the King now. Irrelevant. The PM will do what he wants, the top Cop will do what he wants, and every now and then Khan signs off on a replacement. He's not setting interview questions, he makes a decision based on what his advisors say. Nothing more, nothing less, and the taxpayer loses £25k (if that cheap) on the official photoshoots and PR stunts.

It's a stunt, he has no power on crime, just as Boris didn't (although Boris wanted water cannons that were too big for London streets, but that's a different chat and a different waste of money).

My thoughts on free protest are known, hundreds happen a day. We focus on the ones that suit the Gov and media.

Sorry, got sidetracked by Trump saying Hannibal Lecter was a good man.

The point in case would be the latest Palestine protestors in the US and how it was violent. It turned violent because cops went in, or it turned violent because anti-Palestine crowds turned up to cause violence. Peaceful protest versus ideological violence.

Been no different in this country, the vast majority of marches have been mixed. 20 dickheads go front page news though, and you get an unsourced claim attacking the Police for not acting - when quite clearly arrests have been made, and charges have been levied. Convictions have also taken place, but the anger is 'they aren't locked up'.

It's madness media and Gov bollocks to distract from their own crimes.

And the new one tonight is the anti-woke Tories now want to ban MP's for arrest before they are even charged, let alone convicted. McVey, McVey with your rainbow lanyards hatred, you got anything to say as anti-woke champion here - isn't this true cancel culture you thick twat?

Rishi, is Rwanda not working, are you struggling little man?

I was chill mate, I just like words.

Yes I read your post (I replied to it), but don't forget, I remembered to point out I was going on a wider rant and it wasn't directed. The first bit was a response to you based on recent posts. You're now singling in on the NHS experience - that wasn't my focus, because you yourself distanced those topics from your general thoughts on the country, in the very same paragraph, and added to it in the second.

Therefore, not knowing details, I wasn't going to go personal because despite what you have already offered about your life that I know, you'd already drawn the line between the personal and the general, so I reflected on your posts in the general, as that's fair comment.

And I'm still chill, and I agree with you on the NHS, even though I support it.
Ok cool. Handshake and man hug.

And from me talking personally.

Obviously we have the Tories scaring us from all the recent bullshit that we all know about that went on.

Then I remember the 1 guaranteed illegal war and the other illegal war that Labour took us into.

So scared for both.

I don't understand how labour voters can totally forget these 1/2 wars and expect people to not be scared of labour?

We all know why we are scared of the Tories.

Last edited:

Obviously we have the Tories scaring us from all the recent bullshit that we all know about that went on.

Then I remember the 1 guaranteed illegal war and the other illegal war that Labour took us into.

So scared for both.

I don't understand how labour voters can totally forget these 1/2 wars and expect people to not be scared of labour?

It's one of the reasons I wanted a far harder line from Starmer instead of the balancing act he's gone for - as a stronger approach would have under cut those old Bliar concerns.

UK revokes visa of law student who addressed pro-Palestine protest​

The United Kingdom has revoked the visa of a Palestinian student after she participated in a pro-Palestine demonstration at her university.

Dana Abuqamar told Al Jazeera that the Home Office withdrew her visa casting her as a “national security” threat, following remarks she made at the protest last year.
--------------------
Here's what she has said previously:

Ms Abuqamar, president of the student group Manchester Friends of Palestine, has previously drawn criticism after a Sky News interview after the Hamas attacks in which she said: "We are full of pride, we are really, really full of joy at what has happened."

Good riddance.

No complaints there. No room for supporters of terrorism on either side.

Except I doubt a pro-Israeli student who celebrates the genocide of 34k people would have their visa revoked.

The whole thing is so fucked up, it’s getting dangerous to speak about it.

The biggest terrorists have now become the IDF, and the news and stories I see of 15 dead members of the same family leaving one young kid orphaned, is tragic.

So scared for both.

Not sure anyone has forgotten, however, (and my memory fails me the name), but one article I saw [non labour] was saying it didn't at that time matter who was in charge, any of our leaders/Parliaments would have gone into the war with USA. Not that I want to get into that whole debate, or stick up for Blair, or anyone who voted for it. Trouble is, on the evidence given, most thought it was right - it clearly wasn't. Has that happened before (under any leader) and will it happen again? Sadly, yes.

Not sure anyone has forgotten, however, (and my memory fails me the name), but one article I saw [non labour] was saying it didn't at that time matter who was in charge, any of our leaders/Parliaments would have gone into the war with USA. Not that I want to get into that whole debate, or stick up for Blair, or anyone who voted for it. Trouble is, on the evidence given, most thought it was right - it clearly wasn't. Has that happened before (under any leader) and will it happen again? Sadly, yes.
Don't deny it.

Government get forced to make a decision. Use their tools, the media and anything else to convince people its the right thing to do.....

I'm sure I have heard this story many times. Especially recently.

So although it may have still happened. Blair was the figure head. He got paid to make the shots and take the flack. He orchestrated the bullshit.

Just like Boris did with his games and rightly got the blame.

Last edited:
The personal wealth of Rishi Sunak and his wife Akshata Murty rose by £122m last year, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.

Gotta love business acumen.

Tech services biz Infosys enjoyed a 49 percent increase in its invoices from the UK government for 2023, according to research figures.

If you're getting destroyed and can't argue with Judi Love, mate, stack shelves.

It was Loose Women you fucking pleb.

ps - fair play Judi :ROFLMAO:

When are politicians going to realise you talk to normal people, or local journalists who don't give a crap about a journalistic political career, and they will say what 'we' think as they have nothing to lose and they will make you look a complete lemon.