The Golf Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Golf Thread

We played today at one of the hardest courses around KL.

Shot 2 on the first hole (par 5) took a bad bounce and went in the water. Then I knifed the next shot over the back of the green. Finish with a 9 and just never got anything going. I finished that 9 on 61. I was pretty shocked.

Then something just clicked in my brain and I decided to play better golf. I got around the back 9 in 48.

109 is still by far my worst score in a very long time.

The good news is that I hit 4 drives 235m today. Dunno where they came from but I'm delighted I could do it repeatedly. I'm sure I won't be able to hit 200m tomorrow.

I'm off to the algarve in September for a golf weekend.

Better start playing again. I've not picked up a club yet this year. The two guys I'm going with have joined a club and are playing 3 or 4 times a week so they are getting really good and I'm still a hacker.

Defo need a few lessons, lots of range practice and a few rounds before September or it could be embarrassing.

Better start playing again. I've not picked up a club yet this year. The two guys I'm going with have joined a club and are playing 3 or 4 times a week so they are getting really good and I'm still a hacker.

Defo need a few lessons, lots of range practice and a few rounds before September or it could be embarrassing.

If you aren't into it and you aren't playing for money, just enjoy the weekend with your mates.

I've got a week of golf in Benidorm in just over a fortnight's time. I'm doing the opposite and not playing golf until then as I've hurt my ankle and am trying to rest it up a bit.

Scotty Scheffler has been arrest at Valhalla. Some loonie cop threw himself on Scotty's car after he failed to stop at a police checkpoint. Scotty is lucky he didn't get himself shot.