Racism in Football | Vital Football

Racism in Football

I am not going to hold my breath. Been a problem well before Bendtner was fined more for showing his branded undershorts than our opponents were for racially abusing Balotelli. Nothing has changed.....all UEFA and FIFA are capable of are campaigns and banners. Meaningless token gestures.

Tebas is a disgrace & is clearly part of the problem.

I am not going to hold my breath. Been a problem well before Bendtner was fined more for showing his branded undershorts than our opponents were for racially abusing Balotelli. Nothing has changed.....all UEFA and FIFA are capable of are campaigns and banners. Meaningless token gestures.

Tebas is a disgrace & is clearly part of the problem.

yes he is!

UEFA will doubtless follow up this weak and insipid denialism with a ‘revamped “Kick Out Racism” campaign‘ which will involve players of both teams gathering together all mixed up behind a banner…..before going on to play in a match where the same despicable chants will be heard.

Unless there are more eye watering punishments - demotion of the club; making club officials personally criminally liable for further incidents (with jail sentences being an option) etc this cycle will simply be repeated.

There you are. Proof that nothing will ever change.

Valencia’s “punishment” reduced on appeal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65731691
An absolute joke. But also zero surprise. How on earth can the claim that the original punishment was ‘disproportionate’? This begs the question exactly what would be required to happen for the 5 match ban and fine to have been upheld? Vinicius Jr to have been lynched from the crossbar? Or maybe doused in petrol and set alight in the centre circle?

Just how ‘racist’ would the offenders need to be?

This outcome seems to prove that effectively there is a sliding scale of racism in Spanish football. Which, when you think about it, is utterly indefensible.

An absolute joke. But also zero surprise. How on earth can the claim that the original punishment was ‘disproportionate’? This begs the question exactly what would be required to happen for the 5 match ban and fine to have been upheld? Vinicius Jr to have been lynched from the crossbar? Or maybe doused in petrol and set alight in the centre circle?

Just how ‘racist’ would the offenders need to be?

This outcome seems to prove that effectively there is a sliding scale of racism in Spanish football. Which, when you think about it, is utterly indefensible.
As you know, I spent a lot of time in Spain [we owned a property near Estepona] and sadly, I can confirm that racism is deep-rooted in the Spanish psyche.