New Manager poll | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Manager poll

Who would you want ?

• Total voters
I've gone for Duff. Looks for high pressing and intensity. In the past 3 years he's won this league with Cheltenham and took a team to the league one playoff final. I imagine he will be able to get a top league one club but he's the one that looks best on paper. Lindsey would be second choice.

Duff or Lindsay.

This on Duff from wiki. Seems like just what we need.

"We were good without the ball but couldn't score a goal. I didn't win a game for 10 games! We changed from 4–4–2 to 3–5–2 and we are now completely expansive in terms of our level. There are teams that do try and play football and we are one of them."
—Duff on his tactical switch during his first season at Cheltenham.

Duff or Lindsay.

This on Duff from wiki. Seems like just what we need.

"We were good without the ball but couldn't score a goal. I didn't win a game for 10 games! We changed from 4–4–2 to 3–5–2 and we are now completely expansive in terms of our level. There are teams that do try and play football and we are one of them."
—Duff on his tactical switch during his first season at Cheltenham.

Tommy and Tammy's position as mascots could be under threat if we were to go for Duff, though

1714475569259.png

Michael Duff would be good appointment
There's zero chance he's working under a DOF though, imho.

Again, though, it will depend who is on the pitch.

Saw this article. Thought it was interesting the national press used the term short fuse. Perception, reality again.

Found the comment at the foot from an R's fan about Ainsworth/Warburton interesting and illustrated my concerns about GA too.

View attachment 73053
Of the two, i`d prefer Warburton. Only reservation is that he`s not managed in L2 before. But, still hoping he`s The Guy.

Saw this article. Thought it was interesting the national press used the term short fuse. Perception, reality again.
Found the comment at the foot from an R's fan about Ainsworth/Warburton interesting and illustrated my concerns about GA too.

View attachment 73053

So the national press is framing it as 3 managerial appointments in one season, when the middle one was an interim (caretaker) who made it clear they did not want to be considered for the permanent position.

Not often that a club appoints a permanent replacement before the following game so every time a caretaker takes charge in future, they will deemed to have been sacked when the new permanent manager arrives, even if they stay on the staff as Millen has.

A very odd take.

I wouldn't quite give 'London World' (some tinpot website I'd never heard of) the credit of being called national press, and as said the extremely disingenuous counting of Millen as a manager leaves me happy to disregard their editorial line on the club's character on this occasion.

I understand that they are quoting the Sun who, while they technically qualify, I'd be inclined to take even less seriously, and who in turn are just nebulously paraphrasing a handpicked few of our own fans' social media posts.

While I broadly agree that perception can be important up to a point, I'm not going to lose any sleep over what this shower say about our club.