Man's best friend | Page 80 | Vital Football

Man's best friend

Said before, I love big dog's and I love the look of them, but knowing the breeding history there's just not a scooby of me ever wanting one.

That report has been amended now mate, but the point still stands with the other farmer as presumably he has live stock as well.

• A previous version of this article incorrectly conflated the farmer who was forced to shoot the dogs with the farmer who owned them. The report has since been amended to clarify this point; that the dogs were owned by someone other than the person forced to shoot them.

Said before, I love big dog's and I love the look of them, but knowing the breeding history there's just not a scooby of me ever wanting one.

That report has been amended now mate, but the point still stands with the other farmer as presumably he has live stock as well.

• A previous version of this article incorrectly conflated the farmer who was forced to shoot the dogs with the farmer who owned them. The report has since been amended to clarify this point; that the dogs were owned by someone other than the person forced to shoot them.
Thanks for that Mike. The original report details didn't make sense, but the thrust of the story did. We had a Staffie for fifteen years and she was a magnificent friend to all of us. But their breeding
history is different to these damn things. I like most breeds but just can't see the point in owning these dogs, other than as a trophy or a weapon. Either way, not good.

Yeah, we've talked on here before about the media frenzy surrounding some 'vicious' dogs, who yes are capable, but more unlikely to snap.

But everything about the XL is wrong. I'm sure there are some soft as shit, lovable ones out there, but the risk is just too high in my book.

And having just had a mini rant, now for my balance.

Lass used to work (might still be) at the local nursery that both our kids went to, so me and the missus have obviously distantly known her for years - it's the true hello, you alright, glad to hear it.....you carry on, chat.

She's met these two a few times, a couple of weeks back I met her mom for the first time as well, and she fell in love. Long story short, no fear, more than happy to stroke them both as she passes.

I didn't know she had a dog until tonight. Didn't recognise her from distance, saw her cross so daftly instantly jumped to other dog owners who don't pay attention and then shit themselves. We had the usual passing chat, her dog was bolting for mine, my youngest was bolting for her dog (eldest couldn't give a shit lol).

She didn't have a concern in the world and once they both had that 2 second 'new friend' absolute spaz, they walked on fine with command having met.

Just tickled me as her dog was so tiny (I didn't clock the breed as it was so quick), and follows both of them pausing the other day with two Shih Tzu's who went crackers and even my youngest just looked like they were too lively for her.

Small moments and all that.