England Friendly | Vital Football

England Friendly

PhillyBlueMoon

Vital Football Legend
Daniel Sturridge and Michael Carrick are out for the friendly against Brazil on Wednesday. How many more players will get "injured" over the next few days and not play? I'm guessing at least a few from the rags. as they have a big game against Everton this Sunday.

I believe the injury is commonly known as internationalfriendlyitis. Seems to affect some clubs worse than others.

Looks as though the rags didn't get away with making up injuries, as Welbeck and Wooney both start, along with van rapey against Italy.

Cahill punished for sloppy play, and half time sub Fred equalises for Brazil.

In the next attack, Fred hits the bar! Looks a totally different game.

I noted with interest last night that twice Shrek gave the ball away cheaply and at the beginning of the second half was beautifully nutmegged but none of these incidents got mentioned by the commentator. I began to wonder if the sound had failed on the TV or I'd suffered momentary deafness. Nope. It was if they didn't happen.

Mind you this is not a new phenomenon & ITV are not alone. I have witnessed other games where mistakes, misplaced passes, poor control etc by U*d players fail to get mentioned by the commentators. In the derby game last December the ball was played up to Shrek near the centre circle and he completely mis-controlled it - the ball went straight into touch near the half way line. Dreadful moment from the White Pele. Didn't even merit a comment.