Ebbsfleet at Priestfield? | Vital Football

Ebbsfleet at Priestfield?

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
Just been listening to the news about planning being approved for Ebbsfleets new £40 million stadium, commercial, 100 house development.
While being rebuilt it was asked where Ebbsfleet might train and play. Bromley, Dartford and Priestfield were suggested as options but the guy indicated he would put money on it being Priestfield.
Wonder if Brad has been pro-active?

They usually sell off the old ground and then the fun starts. The Ebbsfleet lot may have money but that development will be complicated and go over budget

Why the need to play elsewhere? The new ground is on a completely new site isn’t it?
Not quite, the redevelopment of that area requires the current ground to be demolished to facilitate the building of the new stadium being repositioned amongst the other new commercial and housing developments that will be joining it.

Reactions: PuB
Why the need to play elsewhere? The new ground is on a completely new site isn’t it?
No. Apparently the pitch will be rotated 45° and the stadium completely rebuilt to best use the whole plot and maximise all the land now available.

They are predominantly rivals and fans of each club doesn't look well on the other. I suspect it would cause friction amongst the fans despite the close proximity to each other.
Yeah I know they do not get on, but whom does these days. I wouldn't want them @ Priestfield......maybe they can share with Punjab Utd as they are down the road aswell .

They are predominantly rivals and fans of each club doesn't look well on the other. I suspect it would cause friction amongst the fans despite the close proximity to each other.
Not very sympathetic of me but...... who cares? I can't think of anything positive that came out of our "helping another team out". The pitch was shagged inside of a couple of months with all the games that were being played on it - which encouraged hoof ball even more. Worse still, the supporters of the team we were helping out did nothing but complain about what a shithole of ground we had. Now, facilities have never been that good at Priestfield and indeed, even after the refurbishment, there are still things that need looking at and fixing. That doesn't make the squatters supporters have the right to insult everything even remotely connected to GFC.

I've decided.... I'll IM Brad on X and tell him not to even consider it :slap:

Last edited:
I posted about this last week in the NL Thread. The Fleet would need to vacate their current ground as the development project covers a large area that will include new dwellings, retail etc.

Be surprised if we agreed to a ground share - unnecessary fixture congestion and risks around playing surface etc.,

Perhaps Chatham Town or Maidstone or even Dartford ?