Brad on Radio Kent today | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brad on Radio Kent today

Probably the Fred Perry, Graham Perry or what ever he calls himself, or gills in the blood or me7 boys that the later 2 are firmly in the fold, which I get is free advertising, but the lot of them really are annoying (sorry). To be honest I would get rid of the lot of these characters as I think Brad taps in too much to these and needs on social media. But as a newbie this season it’s a better place on here then toxic fb and Twitter, see you next season
As part of the GITB gang I'm somewhat surprised & disappointed to read your comments. Matt is one of the more balanced & sensible social media guys out there.

If 90% of the teams are from the north next season and the Medway public stays as ambivalent as normal, how many potential sell outs will we forgo, even of we top the table all season?

Even in this poor season of few goals and little excitement, we had a fair few games that were either very close, or actual sell outs of home areas. Imagine if we also scored a lot of goals!!

I reckon if our very early season form continued and we stayed top 3 all season we’d have had a number of sell outs.

Could almost guarantee the last few months at home would be sold out home areas - Donny, Barrow, Crewe all “promo rivals” and earlier games v Wrexham, Mansfield, Stockport and Swindon (not to mention Sheff U) would have sold out too. And I’d say more than our current 9k(?) as well if available.

And we need a BMS with decent segregation options to cater for varying home/away support in that end. Or covered to allow GRS to be completely home fans.

As part of the GITB gang I'm somewhat surprised & disappointed to read your comments. Matt is one of the more balanced & sensible social media guys out there.

Absolutely. Matt, the ME7 guys and German Gills are all balanced and have definitely on a lot of occasions called out our shocking games, our lack of goals and creativity. And Matt particularly was very vocal in his angst about NH sacking.

None of these social media guys are just cow tailing to the club. I’m glad we have all of them. Vital for exiles like me.

I see no benefit or need for standing areas. People either come or they dont irrelevant of amenities etc, its all about winning. The exception being that people dont like to be in the rain or queuing for the loo or food.

Agreed. To actually lump GITB in with the Facebook bed wetting reactionaries is just plain wrong.
Why wrong? ME7 had too much influence in the club and they are (gills in the blood) with Arsenal type over the top podcasters
Brad taps too much into their opinions thinking they are whst we are thinking.
Anyway my opinion good luck to them but I wouldn’t want my season ticket sat next to Matt

Why wrong? ME7 had too much influence in the club and they are (gills in the blood) with Arsenal type over the top podcasters
Anyway my opinion good luck to them but I wouldn’t want my season ticket sat next to Matt
I think on social media there's a cross section of opinion so probably all thoughts on particular topics are catered for.

Whilst Mr Galinson clearly reads certain content providers, successful business people are most unlikely to base their decisions on social media. Nor is the content provided with the specific intention of it being adopted by the club.

The content providers are for me just honest, passionate, knowledgeable & enthusiastic Gills fans who care deeply about their club. The fact they all have a high number of followers shows they are supplying a valuable service fans greatly appreciate.

Personally I would like to see that monstrosity removed completely and (I was told the ground under it was levelled) something like the old Town End - without the slope - returned as safe standing with the opportunity to segregate supporters if it was an A game like Charlton and the such like. It doesn't necessarily have to be overcapped

Not sure how that would pan out cost wise as it would need a lot of aggregate and earth brought in as a structural foundation. It may even need piles stamped into the grould however, I am not a structural engineer, just a mechanical/offshore man,

I have no idea whether it would be a cheaper option than some of the steel stands, as some have mentioned on here, just wanted to enter it as an alternative into the discussion.

Personally I would like to see that monstrosity removed completely and (I was told the ground under it was levelled) something like the old Town End - without the slope - returned as safe standing with the opportunity to segregate supporters if it was an A game like Charlton and the such like. It doesn't necessarily have to be overcapped

Not sure how that would pan out cost wise as it would need a lot of aggregate and earth brought in as a structural foundation. It may even need piles stamped into the grould however, I am not a structural engineer, just a mechanical/offshore man,

I have no idea whether it would be a cheaper option than some of the steel stands, as some have mentioned on here, just wanted to enter it as an alternative into the discussion.
Unfortunately the club wont touch the BMS until we are in league 1 at the earliest

Unfortunately the club wont touch the BMS until we are in league 1 at the earliest
You're probably right however, getting this thing designed, technically sorted, materials sourced, plans made and submitted for approval would cut the lead time considerably once we have achieved promotion. I am also assuming most of the construction would have to take place during closed season.

How much did Wrexham's new stand cost and how many does it seat?

(I have a feeling that might have a lot more space backwards than BMS has)

A new all seater Town End will cost several million. It makes absolutely no business sense to do it while we’re in league 2 and needing to invest in the team. As for terracing - would that be allowed? Even if it was, a backward step imho. The decision to wait is the correct one.
Safe standing is surely acceptable with, apparently, even Premier teams taking it under consideration, i.e. converting seating areas back into terracing. It may reduce the capacity but what the hell, the BMS is, at the moment, hardly ever used apart from exceptional games, as with last Saturday. A number of forum users have also stated in the past that they (and people they know) would far rather use a terrace to watch the game instead of the seats they currently use. Priced correctly, it would increase the income of an area that is an eyesore and, I believe, for which we pay rent for. That would surely be welcomed.

Last edited:
I agree that nothing will happen until we need the capacity....but if we have a good start next season then that may be sooner than we think. What was yesterday about 90% capacity ?

Good news is we have Bauvil involved at the club and they have the expertise to build something.

I'd like to see us put out some architects drawings / images and get the planning process underway. We don't need to build it until we need the capacity but lets get the enabling stuff underway.

I think you have misread this. I think the Gallinsons are social media savvy and use these guys to get their thoughts across.