VAR Vote | Page 2 | Vital Football

VAR Vote

Walt should be happy the PL are going to challenge validity of VAR! Wolves raised it initially and rightly so from their perspective ! Maybve they read your posts on here Walt where you made so many valid observations..........(.wont happen of course)...Hawk -Eye Innovations are the company behind it of course...what a total Misnoma eh! As for Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL),,,they should be renamed Please God Move Out Losers!

Championship referees correct with 85% of key decisions without VAR​

By Ali Rampling
5h ago

Championship officials got 85.6 per cent of key decisions right this season without the aid of video assistant referees (VAR), according to an independent panel review.
The English Football League’s (EFL) Key Match Incidents (KMI) panel reviewed 1,592 decisions in the Championship during the 2023-24 and deemed 1,363 to be correct, with 229 incorrect.

The correct rate with VAR in the PL is 96%...

Keep VAR, but improve it - it works..

Good stat. The 4% incorrect decision rate gets highlighted with too many replays. And it would be interesting to see how many of those incorrect calls change a game as compared to the 15% in the cL.

Again I don't blame the tool...VAR...I blame the tools implementing it and managing it.

Simply doing away with VAR will improve nothing.

Not about improving mate it is about giving the game back to the fsans.... about getting back the conjecture which made the sport what it was....discussion controvery ...opinion, debate....all good IMO

Oh yes I agree 100%...I think the biggest issue along with being poorly managed is that they are trying to make the game error free or 'perfect'....STOP IT.

As you say Greavsie....spot on.

Oh yes I agree 100%...I think the biggest issue along with being poorly managed is that they are trying to make the game error free or 'perfect'....STOP IT.

As you say Greavsie....spot on.
Well improve it they quite clearly have although the more they tinker, the worse it looks. Sometimes it's best to take a step back in order to make improvements. Only then can you move forward again.

Well improve it they quite clearly have although the more they tinker, the worse it looks. Sometimes it's best to take a step back in order to make improvements. Only then can you move forward again.

To me stuff that they are literally having to break out measuring tools to see if it is offsides or not....GET RID. This has become flipping moronic. I dude looking the wrong direction and moving in the wrong direction but because one of his longer ass hairs is keeping a dude onside.....LOL sure sure.

Simplify it man.

Same thing for lots of VAR reviews....fouls that determine penalties, etc....how the shit are they still screwing these calls up? Seriously!!!

The NFL actually gets some of this right. Reviews are only allowed for specific things...and if it is too close to call...the ruling on the field stands. To me this is a pretty good system. This keeps the ref's relevant and they MUST do their JOBS vs relying 100% on VAR for everything.

To me stuff that they are literally having to break out measuring tools to see if it is offsides or not....GET RID. This has become flipping moronic. I dude looking the wrong direction and moving in the wrong direction but because one of his longer ass hairs is keeping a dude onside.....LOL sure sure.

Simplify it man.

Same thing for lots of VAR reviews....fouls that determine penalties, etc....how the shit are they still screwing these calls up? Seriously!!!

The NFL actually gets some of this right. Reviews are only allowed for specific things...and if it is too close to call...the ruling on the field stands. To me this is a pretty good system. This keeps the ref's relevant and they MUST do their JOBS vs relying 100% on VAR for everything.

Rugby is the same way. It there any reason not to award the try?

Simplify it man.

I reckon we could all learn a thing or two from the NFL by the sounds of things.

I reckon we could all learn a thing or two from the NFL by the sounds of things.

Really? Average 11 minutes of action ver the whole game with the refs chewing up about 90 minutes.

Really? Average 11 minutes of action ver the whole game with the refs chewing up about 90 minutes.

You misunderstand. With regards to close calls being left as they were called by the on field official.

The rest of the game is barking mad with a capital B.