Ups and Downs | Page 10 | Vital Football

Ups and Downs

If you compare this season at Colchester, pre Cowley and now, they are better in every single area, Points, GA, GF, etc etc. And guess what, he's bringing the community back to the club. He's doing a decent job at Colchester with what appears to be a very poor squad overall
Brilliant, I hope he stays there, gets loads of money for transfers, and doesn't jump ship when someone offers him more money midway through next season.

If you compare this season at Colchester, pre Cowley and now, they are better in every single area, Points, GA, GF, etc etc. And guess what, he's bringing the community back to the club. He's doing a decent job at Colchester with what appears to be a very poor squad overall
hardly galvanised the club in an adelakun-doncaster manner though.
league position when cowley/cowley joined ...23rd
league position at game 45 ...23rd
his ppg is on a par with grimsby. )))

in comparison we are about to go into our third sell out in a row... 1 defeat in 19. very pleased we chose skubala over all the calls for a second coming.

4 wins under Cowley vs 7 pre Cowley
21 points under Cowley vs 23 pre Cowley

So not every single area.

Colchester were pretty poor before DC arrived and if you listen to his interview after their defeat against Doncaster, I don't think your sunny view of their situation is shared by the manager.

They did have the benefit of Joe Taylor playing for them pre-Cowley.
The equivalent stats pre and post Joe here would be instructive.

Think of the impact in 20-21 if Forest had recalled Brennan, as many of their supporters wanted.

Gary on Stacey West talks about us being less reliant on loan players, but one has lit the proverbial blue touchpaper. I know there have been other factors in the transformation, but for me Joe has been the principal one, for the first time in a while there's a proper goalscorer in the house.

They did have the benefit of Joe Taylor playing for them pre-Cowley.
Absolutely ...another example of not everything being better at Colchester in the period since DC arrived.

Cowley has got a difficult task at Colchester.

As I said, listen to DC after the Doncaster game.

He isn't saying everything is sweetness and success at the moment. He sounded fairly down and frustrated.

Scunny v Boston today. You'd have thought the cods would want a Scunny triumph so they can get closer to playing their true rivals!

Absolutely ...another example of not everything being better at Colchester in the period since DC arrived.

Cowley has got a difficult task at Colchester.

As I said, listen to DC after the Doncaster game.

He isn't saying everything is sweetness and success at the moment. He sounded fairly down and frustrated.
They're in real danger. Sutton score plenty of goals and are capable of winning today against MK who have nothing to play for. Colchester's opponents, Crewe, do however. I think Colchester need to scrap a point somehow.

Placings would then be decided in the order of the following:

Highest number of wins

Most goals scored in away games

If they are STILL tied then it goes to:

Lowest number of penalty points from cautions and sendings off

Lowest number of 12-point sendings off

If all these fail to separate the clubs then in this case as relegation is involved there would be a play-off game.

The EFL have just issued another statement on this.

'In the case of Colchester United and Sutton Town, if these two teams cannot be separated at the end of the season the Executive Committee have decided that non of these teams will be relegated and that the nearest team to them in the league who play in black and white striped shirts will be the ones who drop to the National League'.

And here we all were thinking that the EFL havnt got a clue what they are doing.
Most sensible decision they've ever made.

They're in real danger. Sutton score plenty of goals and are capable of winning today against MK who have nothing to play for. Colchester's opponents, Crewe, do however. I think Colchester need to scrap a point somehow.
Sutton scored 3 so far. But conceded 4. Colchester leading and probably safe?

Huddersfield all but relegated from the Championship. Birmingham likely need a win and a favour on the final day to stay up.

Boston U into extra time. Still hasn’t been a goal in the NLN playoffs.
You wonder having played 120 minutes in the week while Scunthorpe had a week off and being full time they’ll need to hold on